Chimera Forum Index

< Index  World of Warcraft - Recruitment  ~  Balance druid - Camzillian

Camzillian1
Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:00 pm Reply with quote
About you
- IRL Name: Cameron Allison.
- How long have you been playing WOW?: about 3, 3 and a half years ish.

About your character
- In game name: Camzillian
- Your armory profile link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Camzillian/advanced
- Class: Druid
- Mainspec: Balance
- Offspec: i dont have 1, it can eather be Feral DPS or resto, even tho i dont like it too much, your guys choice.
- Describe your playstyle: I like to push myself to do better, be the best, like to have a laugh, thats all i can think of at the moment.
- How long has this character been your Main Character?: the entire time i have been playing, just over 3 years.
- Current Realm (if different from Bronzebeard): Defias Brotherhood, originally Darkmoon Faire.
- Up to change talents build according to raid needs?: Ovcourse i am.
- Comments on armory profile (optional):
- Please list Alts of significance with Armory link: Syblix my rogue i would say is my best geard alt. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Syblix/advanced

- If available, a link to a WWS/WMO or WOL report is surely appreciated: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/xjuo1cq56vull30k/details/8/?s=6719&e=7588 i think this is the Deathwing kill, of not ill dig out the right one. world of logs confuses me.
- Post a screenshot of your UI.
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab322/camzill/WoWScrnShot_120811_190248.jpg
Experience in raid instances
1. Plz specify HC's and if on another char, the name
2. Plz specify when you cleared. i.e. pre-nerf or not, or the tier after. Clearing icc25hc in T12 gear isnt really worth mentioning for example.

25 Man Raiding
Cataclysm - t11 6/13 heroic t12 1/7 pre-nerf but the guild disbanded and got 6/7 currently 8/8 normal, got Deathwing in the 1st week.
ICC - 9/12 heroic
TotGC - 4/5 heroic, this was also when i started raiding.
Ulduar - n/a
Pre-WotLK - n/a

10 Man Raiding
Cataclysm - 12/12 normal, 1/7, none in Dragon soul.
ICC - 11/12 heroic
TotGC - n/a
Ulduar - n/a
Pre-WotLK - n/a

Playtime
- Can you attend raids at least 4 days/week, in particular from 8:45PM to midnight/1AM (Server time)?
This will not be a problem as i finnish work at 2 PM GMT and get a few hours sleep when i get home so saul goode as one might say.

- Where you play (home, internet point, other):

Home, but right now, the weathers been dreadfull right now (shock horror) so if i dc, bare with me i wont be long.

General
- Guild history and why you left them:

My guild history, on Darkmoon faire, i was in <Ars> my home, with Gingersmeg, Habbagam, Uniec and Dukun(Marante). On Defias Brother hood i am in Deathsworn Verdict and got demoted to Social because i needed the night off basicly and just general unfair treatment. 1 of the officers is rather rude, 1 just doesnt do anything and 1 is (pardon the language) a fucking dickhead.

- Why do you want to join Chimera?

Because, it seems like a home away from home with a few of my old guildies here. and from what i gather from habba and ginge etc yous are really nice folk and i want to be part of that.

- What do you see as the most important things you bring to a raid?

Most important things is everything really tbh, Flasks, food, money for repairs, correct addons.

- Any member in Chimera that can vouch for you?
Matante, Gingersmeg, Habbagam and Uniec.
- The raid leader is drunk and not making too much sense. What do you do?
If hes funny drunk, have a laugh with him/her if he/she isnt, just get on with what i have to do i geuss.
- Describe yourself and why we should pick you:
Well, im scottish, why wouldnt yous? lol. Yous need a boomkin. I would class myself as a good raider, and know my class as i have been playing it for years. im always prepared for pretty much everthing. Thats all i can think of that at the moment.
- Other information that you may want to share with us (work, family):

right now, i am working in dispatch at a food processing plant, i work from 6am - 2pm, but that will change after christmas, i will informon closer the time if i get accepted and if needed. I am also Dispraxic so if im having trouble understanding something 1st time, bare with me, ill get it soon enough.

- You have read and accepted the recruitment requirements.

I have and yes i do.

I hope there wasnt too many mistakes in the apps and hope to hear back from yous soon!
Uwatha
Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:26 pm Reply with quote
another chicken! gl there)

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Hello Camzillian,

Thank you for your application, officers will get back to you shortly.

Alaghar
Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:04 pm Reply with quote
oki doki, if you need to ask/tell me anything, dont hessitate to do so. Smile
Thyul
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:48 am Reply with quote
Jesus starfail I mean balance druid on chimera forums think I need a drink Razz
Artemis
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:57 am Reply with quote
Hello Cam

Overall u look really solid, however there are a few things that i found interresting. They dont have to necisarily be wrong, but i am curious as to the reasons why you chose them.

First off,

Talents: Overall everything is ok, and at some point we got some free points to put into something we think will give us that little bit extra. U chose Blessing of the grove and Dreamstate.

Now dreamstate suggests to me that u innervate yourself a lot, which means u run out of mana on some fights. Am i right or, is it simply put there cause you arnt sure what to pick?

BotG increases the initial dmg of MF, this is a solid dps boost however u gain can almost be neglected.

This will bring me to my next question, on DW Madness, u probably noticed there was a lot of dmg going round, especially from the Bolt and in Phase 2 every 5%. A 2% extra gain from Perseverence might be the thing you need to negate that little bit of dmg to help healers (which in turn helps them save mana)

Also, if you put the 2 points of BotG in Moonglow, that might help your mana problem a bit more and make innervate available for healers. (I am pretty sure they will be thanking you afterwards......eventhough they wont admit it Razz)

I know i sound like an old hag who just found the only few reasons to actually say something bad about an app, but as i said, it usually comes down to personal preference and all in all, good app.

Now, next question (like hell im done with you!!!Razz)

You say in your app the following:

Quote:

Most important things is everything really tbh, Flasks, food, money for repairs, correct addons.

Im more concentrated to the addons part.

Looking at your UI i cam with another set of questions:

1. Ever tried Balancepowertracker?

This addon, first off, gives you the ability to make it as big/small as u want. Plus it gives 1 more neat thing. Im sure u sometimes wonder, especially when ur in wrath eclipse just about to go into Lunar, if the next wrath cast will proc your eclipse? This addon can predict the energy that u will gain. In essence, it save you the extra cast. Which is a small dps gain.

2. Im wondering how you track NG. Do you use an addon that we cant see on the pic? Or do u check ur buffs list? (This also makes me wonder how u track IS/MF/SF, especially in multimob encounters)

Once again, i am a pain in the ass, but addons and rotation at somepoint make up that extra bit of dps. You undoubtebly had a few 1% wipes where u wished u couldve made a big difference.

Anyways, small things................but small things we can live with Razz

I wish you luck on your app, and if you have questions, dont be scared to ask Twisted Evil

Artemis

Last edited by Artemis on Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kapibara
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:05 am Reply with quote
Man you really need to work on your UI Wink Theres a plenty of addon packs such as Quilight UI or Lui Ui that helps you make everything clean. Prolly some1 gonna say smth like "its his own decision" but i just think you should look at this.

P.S Does it look different in the raid than this ? http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j71/Menno-Isen/ui.jpg Smile)
Miloscub
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:08 am Reply with quote
Joined: 13 May 2011 Posts: 638 Location: Belgrade,Serbia,Ancient Terra
Thats Zumak's UI kapi,and it works fine for a holy pala! (gotta know weather forecast in zimbabwe to kill the boss!)

Awoogie
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:16 am Reply with quote
Guys, UI is nothing, just because it doesnt have flashy lights all over the place looking nice n smart. If you keybind most things you will never really need press the keys so what is there is fine.

Move from bad crap> how pretty ur ui looks. Mines is awful tbh and not much better than that, although i do have a few more addons!

Basically with the UI we want to see if ur using boss mods and threat meters, how you play the game is nothing as long as you are an effective player.

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:03 am Reply with quote
Hey Camz, good to see you applying here!

Good luck, always a +1 from your old GM Smile
Artemis
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Indeed, as woogie said, UI is totally personal, however the NG and the tracking of dots will affect the dps however, and those r the 2 addons that im interrested in.

For example, on a singletarget dummy, u only want to DoT when u got NG up and running......

In a multitarget situation, its a waste of a GCD when u double dot the same target....

Dont worry mate, at some point we have all been there Cool
Thyul
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:44 pm Reply with quote
I am sure some noams werent there! Smile
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Artemis wrote:
Hello Cam

Overall u look really solid, however there are a few things that i found interresting. They dont have to necisarily be wrong, but i am curious as to the reasons why you chose them.

First off,

Talents: Overall everything is ok, and at some point we got some free points to put into something we think will give us that little bit extra. U chose Blessing of the grove and Dreamstate.

Now dreamstate suggests to me that u innervate yourself a lot, which means u run out of mana on some fights. Am i right or, is it simply put there cause you arnt sure what to pick?

I never run out of mana in a fight, i just thot that putting 1 in there would help if for some un-explained reason i died and got rezed, but thats not often, i was concidering removing that and putting it in Persiverance.

Quote:
BotG increases the initial dmg of MF, this is a solid dps boost however u gain can almost be neglected.

This will bring me to my next question, on DW Madness, u probably noticed there was a lot of dmg going round, especially from the Bolt and in Phase 2 every 5%. A 2% extra gain from Perseverence might be the thing you need to negate that little bit of dmg to help healers (which in turn helps them save mana)

Too right, i will change it immediately.

Quote:
Also, if you put the 2 points of BotG in Moonglow, that might help your mana problem a bit more and make innervate available for healers. (I am pretty sure they will be thanking you afterwards......eventhough they wont admit it Razz)

As said abouve, i never run out of mana, so that was the best place to put them i thought.

Quote:
I know i sound like an old hag who just found the only few reasons to actually say something bad about an app, but as i said, it usually comes down to personal preference and all in all, good app.

nonono, not atall, its good to have feedback.

Now, next question (like hell im done with you!!!Razz)

You say in your app the following:

Quote:

Quote:
Im more concentrated to the addons part.

Looking at your UI i cam with another set of questions:

1. Ever tried Balancepowertracker?

This addon, first off, gives you the ability to make it as big/small as u want. Plus it gives 1 more neat thing. Im sure u sometimes wonder, especially when ur in wrath eclipse just about to go into Lunar, if the next wrath cast will proc your eclipse? This addon can predict the energy that u will gain. In essence, it save you the extra cast. Which is a small dps gain.

I have never heard of it before, i will give it a shot, thanks Smile

Quote:
2. Im wondering how you track NG. Do you use an addon that we cant see on the pic? Or do u check ur buffs list? (This also makes me wonder how u track IS/MF/SF, especially in multimob encounters)

Yes, i do, i have an addon called "Class Timers" my gains like NG is just abouve my portait and dots/de-buffs is abouve my target, my appologies for not having it shown, derp.

Quote:
Once again, i am a pain in the ass, but addons and rotation at somepoint make up that extra bit of dps. You undoubtebly had a few 1% wipes where u wished u couldve made a big difference.

Indeed, worset feeling, i will make the changes.

Quote:
Anyways, small things................but small things we can live with Razz

I wish you luck on your app, and if you have questions, dont be scared to ask Twisted Evil

Artemis

I hope this was what you asked for Razz
Danray
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Admin
Quote:

right now, i am working in dispatch at a food processing plant, i work from 6am - 2pm, but that will change after christmas, i will informon closer the time if i get accepted and if needed. I am also Dispraxic so if im having trouble understanding something 1st time, bare with me, ill get it soon enough.

I also own a boomkin and that BPT addon is extremely good, highly recommend it. You'll just receive an on-screen message when your current Wrath in travel time will proc Eclipse, so you can pre-cast Starfire, so your never wasting a Wrath/Starfire on Eclipses.

Spec and UI can be tweaked(more some by others!). I myself have naked ladies on my UI, not for everyone I guess Wink

What will your shift-time change to after xmas?

We are foremost a hardmode raiding Guild and I expect good things from my raiders. You mention an above condition that can affect movement. These hardmodes are generally quite brutal in terms of getting things correct, so I need to ask as you mentioned it, how much does this interfere with raiding? Does it also affect spell usage, as I notice from Deathwing your aoe spells seem lower than the other boomkin in your Guild and compared to ours(may be gear related ofc) as timing of WM and Starfall can be important when adds spawn.

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Danray wrote:
Quote:

I also own a boomkin and that BPT addon is extremely good, highly recommend it. You'll just receive an on-screen message when your current Wrath in travel time will proc Eclipse, so you can pre-cast Starfire, so your never wasting a Wrath/Starfire on Eclipses.

Yea, i will be looking into it Smile

Spec and UI can be tweaked(more some by others!). I myself have naked ladies on my UI, not for everyone I guess Wink

What will your shift-time change to after xmas?

Just change from 6-2 to 6-4, just means ill get about half an hour less sleep after work, bit i it works out that im only working half the week, so not much change really.

Quote:
We are foremost a hardmode raiding Guild and I expect good things from my raiders. You mention an above condition that can affect movement. These hardmodes are generally quite brutal in terms of getting things correct, so I need to ask as you mentioned it, how much does this interfere with raiding? Does it also affect spell usage, as I notice from Deathwing your aoe spells seem lower than the other boomkin in your Guild and compared to ours(may be gear related ofc) as timing of WM and Starfall can be important when adds spawn.

it doesnt affect my movment atall, and if shit does hit the fan, i alwys have my trusty barkskin Razz. it does not affect my raiding, but i thot it was a good inform yous of it. Yes, gis gear is conciderably beter so that is also a factor, and a few time(i think) eather Starfall was on CD or cast late.

Hope this was what you asked for!