< Index  World of Warcraft - Recruitment  ~  Shadow Priest - Marante

Marante
Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:52 am Reply with quote
About you
- IRL Name:
Maarten

Netherlands

- How long have you been playing WOW?:
I started playing halfway TBC. I started with a Holy Paladin, reached Illidan but didn't kill him before Wrath was released. In Wrath I switched to my Elemental Shaman halfway Ulduar, which I raided with until the end of Wrath. Reached 9/12 HC ICC there. In Cataclysm I switched to Resto on my Shaman and cleared 6/13 HC in tier 11 and 7/7 normal in Firelands. About 2 months ago I transferred my Shadow Priest to Silvermoon and for raiding, where I have cleared 6/7 HC now.

About your character
- In game name:
Marante

- Your armory profile link:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/marante/advanced

- Class:
Priest

- Mainspec:
Shadow

- Offspec:
Holy (but I haven't healed on the priest yet, so no experience)

- Describe your playstyle:
I'm quite a competitive player who wants to get the best out of his character on each fight. I'll always try to do as good as possible without taking stupid risks. Avoiding damage and staying alive is more important than topping the meters but taking so much avoidable damage trying to be on top.

- How long has this character been your Main Character?:
For about 2 months now. As said, before that I've raided on my elemental/resto shaman, but he's kind of retired now.

- Current Realm (if different from Bronzebeard):
Silvermoon

- Up to change talents build according to raid needs?:
If needed for raids, ofcourse.

- Comments on armory profile (optional):
Nothing much to mention from my side, but love to hear any feedback Smile

- Please list Alts of significance with Armory link:
Dukun - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkmoon-faire/dukun/advanced

- If available, a link to a WWS/WMO or WOL report is surely appreciated
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-abr0rdkta4tzyqig/
It's from tonight. Not all attempts are good, I was trying to colled the foci for the legendary staff questline. No Dark Intent either, unfortunately warlocks seem to prefer resto druids these days.

- Post a screenshot of your UI

Not in raid though, so not everything is visible. I use Xperl as raid frames, there's Omen somewhere on the right and DBM/Bigwigs and their timers and warnings during fights.

Experience in raid instances

25 Man Raiding
Cataclysm
Dukun - 7/7 normal on 25-man before any nerfs.
Marante - 6/7 HC on 25-man

ICC
Dukun - 9/12 HC on 25-man (11/12 HC on 10-man). All heroics were done with the 30% buff though.

TotGC
Dukun - 2/5 HC on 25-man. I think the Northrend Beasts did have a nerf before we killed it.

Ulduar
Dukun - Full clear on 25-man. Not many hard modes though, just FL and XT I believe.

Pre-WotLK
Smashcat - Raided up to Illidan as Holy Paladin

Playtime
- Can you attend raids at least 4 days/week, in particular from 8:45PM to midnight/1AM (Server time)?
Yes, I can.

- Where you play (home, internet point, other):
Home, 20Mb cable connection

General
- Guild history and why you left them:
Carpe Noctem (Silvermoon) - The raiding is okay, but I just don't really feel at home there. Been there for about 2 months now.
Before that I was in Ars Invictus (Darkmoon Faire) for about 2 and a half year. I've been guild leader for about 2 years there, been the main raid leader since Cataclysm (before that I was raidleading the optional 10-mans mainly and an occasional 25-man, but after our 25-man raid leader quit at the start of Cataclysm, I took over 25-man raidleading).

- Why do you want to join Chimera?
I've heard good things about the guild from a few ex-guildies and I would like to raid again with some friends, hoping to find a new WoW-home.

- What do you see as the most important things you bring to a raid?
I'm a decent player who learns quickly and doesn't make many mistakes during a raid. I'm always keeping an eye out on what is happening around me, which I think any good raider should do.

- Any member in Chimera that can vouch for you?
I'm hoping Gingersmeg, Habbagam and Uniec will. All 3 were in my former guild (Ars Invictus).

- The raid leader is drunk and not making too much sense. What do you do?
Besides having a good laugh and making fun of him, I might even take over and get the raid going (if nobody else does that already ofcourse!). After being both guild and raid leader, I'm used to organising raids and it kind of comes naturally.

- Describe yourself and why we should pick you:
I think I've described myself in all previous questions already, so just read those Very Happy

- Other information that you may want to share with us (work, family):
Well I think I mentioned most of my WoW-history already in the other questions.

- You have read and accepted the recruitment requirements.
Yep Smile
Bunnys
Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:29 am Reply with quote
Very nice app m8, your previous participation in other guilds, raid leading and the such, is similar to my history in wow; must bode well! Just a shame you're not a gnome... Sad

Best of luck with the app!

"I have to give props to Blizzard, as this is definitely the most clever "Content Accessibility Model" thus far. Legendary Meta gems. If you've made the effort, completed the chain, and obtained your meta, you're 10% more effective in raids! (or more in some cases)"

"...This just in: gear makes content easier! More news at eight."
Gingersmeg
Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:58 am Reply with quote
bunnies X) do you have that copy paste for every non gnonme that applies?.

OT: +1 from me exellant raider. Always comes prepaired. Dude missed 1 raid the whole time i was in Last guild, great raid leader. Speaks great english has active mike. Contributes well and was competitive on any toon i raided beside him on. We had alt runs going just before i left last guild and we were always 1n 2 (me on rogue him on priest) Though now that his priest is his main, undoubtedly has become even better. Out of interest how far along are you towards the "stick" matie?
Marante
Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:21 am Reply with quote
Hey Ginge!

Unfortunately I'm not too far on the staff. Need to kill that extra boss in FL to get the first version (have the stuff to open the portal), but that one isn't worth replacing my current staff.
Artemis
Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Hey there Marante

Thanks for your app, officers will get back to you asap.

Veel geluk man Cool

Art
Danray
Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Admin
Out of interest, would you consider joining as Elemental Shaman, or is he completely retired? Were currently in the market for one, whereas we do currently have 3 SP's on our roster.

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Hi Danray,

I must say I enjoy the shadow priest alot at the moment, and would prefer to keep raiding on a high level with her.

I haven't played much on the shaman lately, and have used elemental very sporadic in Cataclysm. My gear and UI is set up towards restoration, so if I would start raiding again as elemental I would need to fix gear/gemming/reforging, change my UI, and read up and practice a bit as elemental before being ready for raiding. But I might consider, since 4 shadow priests might be too much (although there can never be enough shadow priests ofcourse! Very Happy)

Anyhoo, if me joining as shadow priest would screw the raid composition too much, then I might consider switching back to the shaman. However, the shadow priest is the one that I've played with the past months and who is properly geared for the current tier (and as good as ready for 4.3).
vahlia
Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Bunnys wrote:
is similar to my history in wow; must bode well! Just a shame you're not a gnome... Sad!

What history NAB???
Uniec
Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Hi duk

It has bing long thad i have see you

same for me +1 good raider hoop to see you soon
Bunnys
Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:53 pm Reply with quote
vahlia wrote:
Bunnys wrote:
is similar to my history in wow; must bode well! Just a shame you're not a gnome... Sad!

What history NAB???

RUDE! I will teach u how to play shaman one day, when I get round to leveling one...

"I have to give props to Blizzard, as this is definitely the most clever "Content Accessibility Model" thus far. Legendary Meta gems. If you've made the effort, completed the chain, and obtained your meta, you're 10% more effective in raids! (or more in some cases)"

Bunnys
Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Uniec wrote:
Hi duk

It has bing long thad i have see you

same for me +1 good raider hoop to see you soon

Engrish

Habbagam
Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Haha, well I think everyone knows what I will say, so I will only add one thing.

Dukun is and always will be a honorary Gnome in my eyes.
Marante
Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:44 am Reply with quote
Hehe... hai Habba Smile How's my little gnome?

Question concerning the guild: on World of Logs I only see 10-man logs for the last month or so. Is the guild on a break for 25-man until 4.3, or not enough active/motivated people to do 25-man at the moment?
Danray
Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:53 am Reply with quote
Admin
Hey. Yes past few weeks have been 10mans due to the difficulty of Ragnaros we decided to push a more focused 10man team consisting of 14-15 people. We'll be 25 again when 4.3 hits in a few weeks. We do have a 2nd 10man running atm to keep all involved.

Due to the weekend, forum activity is pretty slow. Will have an answer for you later this eve when all the officers are back online.

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Hi Danray,

thanks for the explanation Smile Will check later to see what you have decided.

// Marante