Chimera Forum Index

< Index  World of Warcraft - Recruitment  ~  Elemental Shaman Application

Qučntey
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:55 pm Reply with quote
About you
- IRL Name: Jon Lasse
- How long have you been playing WOW?:
I Started my Wow adventure a few weeks after TBC release. Some of my friends were playing, and since everyone was playing, i thought to myself that i had to try it out. Been playing ever since with small breaks now and then.

About your character
- In game name: Qučntey
- Your armory profile link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/Qu%C3%A8ntey/simple
- Class: Shaman
- Mainspec: Elemental
- Offspec: Currently Resto PvP
- Describe your playstyle: I like to play hardcore Razz I Like new contents, wiping some times but eventually get the boss down. I Can take harsh critish when something goes wrong because of me.
- How long has this character been your Main Character?: Since the end of Wotlk i started leveling my shaman to 80. I have played warlock since i started untill the end of wotlk were i got my shaman to 80 and waited for cataclysm. I dont got any Wotlk/TBC achieves on this character, all are on my lock.
- Current Realm (if different from Bronzebeard): Currently playing at Bronzebeard
- Up to change talents build according to raid needs?: Yea
- Comments on armory profile (optional):
- Please list Alts of significance with Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/Qu%C3%A9ntey/simple
As u can see on that char, i got all the Wotlk/TBC achieves, havn't got all of them, but that was the char i played till Cata.
- If available, a link to a WWS/WMO or WOL report is surely appreciated:
- Post a screenshot of your UI.
http://visedeg.no/images/a3cew28ak50clp8j7kbj.png

Experience in raid instances
1. Plz specify HC's and if on another char, the name

I havn't downed any bosses on HC mode yet. As i got to 85 with the shammy, i took a small break, and started again couple of months ago. Gearing up went quickly, but havn't got a chance to get into a guild yet. FL/Tot4w/BoT/Bwd was downed with my current guild (Risen from the ashes). I have been checking out a few bosses in FL HCs, but never killed any of them. Tho i have been reading alot of tacs on every content, tried to form a FL HC grp a few days ago, but pugs are shit.

2. Plz specify when you cleared. i.e. pre-nerf or not, or the tier after. Clearing icc25hc in T12 gear isnt really worth mentioning for example.

All the wotlk achieves was cleared in WOTLK expansion. TBC Achieves cleared in that Expansion. This is on my lock, my Shaman havn't done any TBC/Wotlk raids.

25 Man Raiding
Cataclysm - Nothing cleared on shammy, pugs are useless today, and my current guild dont got the people to form a 25 man grp.
ICC - Cleared with lock, except a few bosses on 25 HC mode
TotGC - Cleared on Lock, 25 hc aswell
Ulduar - All except from Assembly of Iron, Yogg saron and Algalon
Pre-WotLK - All except from some bosses in BT and None in SWP

10 Man Raiding
Cataclysm - All Cleared on Shammy, Except from HC mode.
ICC - All cleared on Lock, HC aswell
TotGC - All cleared on Lock
Ulduar - All cleared on Lock, Except from Algalon and Yogg
Pre-WotLK - All but SSC,SWP, Illidan in BT and TK

Playtime
- Can you attend raids at least 4 days/week, in particular from 8:45PM to midnight/1AM (Server time)? I can attend all raid days from 8:45 till midnight, server time.
- Where you play (home, internet point, other): I play at home, with a stable internet. 30/30

General
- Guild history and why you left them:
None. Played at LS with my lock for a while, where i was in a guild Called Nordic Reign or something. Thats where i got all WOTLK achieves.

- Why do you want to join Chimera?
You are a stable and good guild, and got a good progress. I want to join so i can come and kill bosses on HC mode, also want to have alot of fun when raiding with you Smile

- What do you see as the most important things you bring to a raid?
A skilled shaman, with a good and stable DPS, willing to drop out if u need someone else, willing to step in if someone DCs or have to go. A person always happy, and dont get pissed of if were wiping alot. I always bring my flasks and cookies when raiding ( Dont got enough gold to feed u guys aswell).

- Any member in Chimera that can vouch for you?
Nope, dont know anyone

- The raid leader is drunk and not making too much sense. What do you do?

I could always step up if noone else want too and "lead the raid". But if the raid leader is drunk its just silly to play wow, tried it before, and its not working to good.

- Describe yourself and why we should pick you:
I am a Skilled Shaman, been learning alot about my class while i have played it. Been reading on the web, got to learn a few things from a very good player called "Deathgríp", he is a very friendly and skilled player. So i know just about everything about my class, and got a very stable DPS to bring u.

- Other information that you may want to share with us (work, family):
I smoke, i need a smoke break now and then to clear up my mind and be focused Razz Not that often, but every once in a while Smile

- You have read and accepted the recruitment requirements: Yes.
Awoogie
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:17 am Reply with quote
At a first glance I have to say I'm a little dissapointed. At this stage of the game for people to apply with mistakes in gearing I have to frown.

Please note the following observations are set to make you a better Shaman.

1. No head enchant

2. 3rd Chimeras Eye missing.

3. Take a look at your reforging - Chest Tonnes of haste to spirit, you reforge spirit to haste on ur bracers and neck.

3. No reforge on Weapon where crit (the lowest stat) is left unchecked.

4. Shield - Haste to Mastery, both have equal weighting these days.

5. Crit on relic

6. There are more, but its early and im tired. Check your reforging please.

6. Gemming Straight intel is prio for most slots.

But Officers will get back to you ASAP on this.

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:25 pm Reply with quote
The effort on this charecter isnt that great tbh. Apart from the pointers woogs put out. Why dont u pug trash for rep and get a 378 belt. Also go get some faction rep for a head enchant. There are multiple items missing concerning vp gear i.e legs relic etc. At this stage of the patch you would be better to get all the gear possible from vp before applying. On the plus side being available for all raids is a good thing. Good luck with ap.
Awoogie
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Going to decline your application for now. Best of luck in the future.

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:27 pm Reply with quote
1. No head enchant

Have bought it, but forgot to enchant it -.-

2. 3rd Chimeras Eye missing.

Ye, have been gemmed now

3. Take a look at your reforging - Chest Tonnes of haste to spirit, you reforge spirit to haste on ur bracers and neck.

The reforging as it is now, makes me hit capped Razz

3. No reforge on Weapon where crit (the lowest stat) is left unchecked.
Was reforged, but took it away and forgot to reforge again.

4. Shield - Haste to Mastery, both have equal weighting these days.
Mastery has higher priorety Razz

5. Crit on relic
Have been reforged

6. There are more, but its early and im tired. Check your reforging please.
Again, the reforging makes me hit capped, and makes my mastery staying at 20, same for the gems.

7. Gemming Straight intel is prio for most slots.
Read number 6, and u will understand my gemming Razz
Darkwolfdude
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Actually, haste is SLIGHTLY better than mastery.

When you get to a certain haste level (which will be in T13) then mastery will be SLIGHTLY better than haste.

Haste scales off of mastery, and mastery scales off of haste. (as you get more casts off = more chance in a smaller window of time to proc), though as you don't have a lot of haste, your mastery is not as good as it could potentially be.

^This image shows that there's no real haste plateau. - There is for flameshock, but that's a different story.

Also, you're actually under the hit cap - 16.64% when the hit cap is 17%. (technically you're 15.64% but that's without the Draenei racial). (1640hit req for Draenei, 1742 for everyone else)

http://i.imgur.com/4DYV3.png

- If you have made any changes, you would need to relog for them to update on the armory.

You should pretty much only gem for intellect. A +10 intellect for an orange gem is up to you, although if it's +10 intellect for a blue slot then it's not worth it.

It has already been said that your application has been denied, and I don't think that Woogie is going to go back on what he said.

Quentey
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Each point of mastery gives u a 2% chance to proc elemental overload. 20 points gives u 40 %. And its a instand cast with 75 % damage. Im pretty sure mastery is slightly better than haste for now, as u cant gather enough haste to cast 2 LB for example by the time another player with 40% mastery casts 1 and Elemental overload procs.

Btw, the belt has been bought too, but since i got declined i guess it doesn't matter.
Darkwolfdude
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Base mastery: 8, so you have 12 mastery from your rating.

12 mastery = 24% chance to proc 75% spell = 4 LBs to proc 1 spell at 75%, to get 6 procs at 75% = 24spells. To get 6 at 100% = 30 spells, which at 1.5s = 45s. 40 spells = 60 seconds

To summarise: 7.5 extra 100% spells in 60 seconds

Assuming 0 haste from talents, buffs etc, with base time cast of 1.5sec

Haste% is gotten from how much mastery you have. Mastery has a higher per point % for each mastery, so whereas mastery is 12, haste is 16% - Mastery requires 179.28 points whereas haste requires 128.057

16% haste = 2048.912 haste rating, 1.5 sec casts to 1.293 sec casts = an extra 6(.15
84) casts per minute (of just lightning bolts), & extra dot ticks & extra chance to proc instant cast lava bursts & new chance to crit, elemental mastery comes off CD sooner.

To summarise: 6.1584 extra 100% spells in 60 seconds (+ dot ticks & new crit chance & elemental mastery cd sooner)

If you include the fact that it's completely RNG which spell that your mastery procs on, so it could only proc on non-crit lightning bolts, only-crit lightning bolts, or lavaburst or a mix of all...

Haste is the safe bet, whereas mastery is the wild card.

Quentey
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:38 pm Reply with quote
My mastery is 20, that gives me a 40 % Chance to proc elemental overload. I always proc EO on my first LB, and every once in a while on my LB, Crit or non crit. i need pretty much haste to cover for that.

mastery: 7.5 extra 100% spells in 60 seconds , plus the dot ticks, crits and EM

To summarise: 6.1584 extra 100% spells in 60 seconds (+ dot ticks & new crit chance & elemental mastery cd sooner)

If my calculation is correct, Mastery should be SLIGHTLY better than haste.
U said my Mastery rating is 12, but its 20 = 40% chance for a Elemental Overload.
Darkwolfdude
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Quentey wrote:
My mastery is 20, that gives me a 40 % Chance to proc elemental overload. I always proc EO on my first LB, and every once in a while on my LB, Crit or non crit. i need pretty much haste to cover for that.

mastery: 7.5 extra 100% spells in 60 seconds , plus the dot ticks, crits and EM

If my calculation is correct, Mastery should be SLIGHTLY better than haste.
U said my Mastery rating is 12, but its 20 = 40% chance for a Elemental Overload.

You have a base of 8 mastery, once hitting level 85 and buying mastery from your class vendor.

Quentey
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Yea, didn't sse u writing Base mastery.