< Index  World of Warcraft - Recruitment  ~  Frost DK

Klax
Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:17 pm Reply with quote
About you
- IRL Name: Albi
- How long have you been playing WOW?: 3 years

About your character
- In game name: Klax

- Your armory profile link:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/Klax/simple

- Class: Death Knight
- Mainspec: Frost
- Offspec: Unholy

- Describe your playstyle: In raids i focus on correct movement, survivability and maximum DPS output through the correct use of talents and CD's. I always keep an eye out for DBM timers, which helps me with my raid awareness.

- How long has this character been your Main Character?: Since after beginning of Cata.

- Current Realm (if different from Bronzebeard): N/A

- Up to change talents build according to raid needs?: Ofcourse. I had to change my spec to Frost Kiting for Mag HC etc.

- Comments on armory profile (optional):

- Please list Alts of significance with Armory link: Nexuswrath - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/saurfang/Nexuswrath/simple. I wasnt really serious about raiding until LK came out. Even then out guild struggled a bit.

- If available, a link to a WWS/WMO or WOL report is surely appreciated: Couldnt find one. Sorry :s

- Post a screenshot of your UI.
http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l574/Albertrussian/?action=view&current=untitled.jpg - The screenshot wasnt taken on my PC btw.

Experience in raid instances (specify HC's and if on another char, the name)

25 Man Raiding
Cataclysm - N/A
BH - 2/2
ICC - 12/12 HC
TotGC - N/A
Ulduar - 14/14 (inc meta)
Pre-WotLK - Outland Raider
EOE, OS, VOA - Cleared on Nexuswrath

10 Man Raiding
Cataclysm - BWD 6/6 1/6HC. BoT 4/4 1/6HC ToT4W 2/2 (Stay Chill achi) FL 7/7
BH 2/2
ICC - 12/12HC
TotGC - 4/5 HC on "Nexuswrath"
Ulduar - 14/14 (inc Meta)
Pre-WotLK -Outland Raider

Playtime
- Can you attend raids at least 4 days/week, in particular from 8:45PM to midnight/1AM (Server time)? Yes, of course.
- Where you play (home, internet point, other): At home.

General
- Guild history and why you left them:
Midnight Guard - Great guild. I fell out with one of the guild memebers (he was very arrogant), also the RL prio's ranged over melee, so it was a bit hard on me.
Scholars of Light - Seemes like a nice guild, but they have a set 10 man team that doesnt change. Also /g is dead, and i like to talk.

- Why do you want to join Chimera?

Chimera is one of the most stable guilds on BB. I've always wanted to join Chimera, but i thought that my gear and experience wasnt enough. I like to push myself to see what im capable of, and now i think i am ready to push myself and take it to the next step of HC's. Also i've raided with likes of Milo, loco, ranzoue before and i really liked the banter, you all seem very nice (well those that i've met/spoken to).

- What do you see as the most important things you bring to a raid?
Commitment. Awareness. Focus. DPS. Class knowledge. Encounter knowledge. Flasks, food n pots :p

- Any member in Chimera that can vouch for you?

Ive raided with a few people from Chimera, whether they remeber me or not is a different story Smile

- The raid leader is drunk and not making too much sense. What do you do? Wait for an officer or higher rank to sort him out, naughty RL!

- Describe yourself and why we should pick you:
I bring comittment, good class knowledge and competitveness. I am a team player, i dont mind not coming to a fight if it means the guild kills the boss. I sign up to raids, turn up and perform. I keep upto date with my class constantly looking on Elitist Jerks, MMO champ and other sources to see if there are any changes to the class. I always read up or watch vids on fights before going into them, i also bring my own food/flasks/pots. Im also quite chatty, i think i can bring some laughter n banter to your /g and vent.

- Other information that you may want to share with us (work, family):
I have 2 kittens.. Work as a barman. I go to Uni. Im a wow addict.

- You have read and accepted the recruitment requirements. Yes

Remember to log out in the correct equipment for the spec you are applying for. Wink
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:32 am Reply with quote
Just read the app.. Sorry bout the bad grammar n spelling mistake, im a tad tired Smile
Bunnys
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:51 am Reply with quote
Tetris!

"I have to give props to Blizzard, as this is definitely the most clever "Content Accessibility Model" thus far. Legendary Meta gems. If you've made the effort, completed the chain, and obtained your meta, you're 10% more effective in raids! (or more in some cases)"

"...This just in: gear makes content easier! More news at eight."
Danray
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:50 am Reply with quote
Admin
App under discussion. Btw you will require correct enchants on head and shoulders, + resi is quite inadequate for pve. Do u have the required rep for these?

Also out of interest, why is the screenshot pic not from your pc?

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:55 am Reply with quote
Thanks for taking the time to read my app.

Yeh the proper enchants wont be a problem to get. (Fyi. the 2 secondary stat bonuses on the head + shoulder enchants is 0.23% dps gain Wink )

And the screenshot is on my housemates computer, was using his while i didnt have a monitor.
Artemis
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Hey there Klax,

As multiple people have said, A few missing enchants like the head and the increased movement speed on boots.

However, i would like to ask you what you actually cleared in terms of bosses/raid encounters pre-nerf and pre-patches. I even see some bosses that u did post Expansion. If you could clarify please. I do know we did not mention this at the "Experience in raid instances" but it does make a big difference.

GL with your app.
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:05 pm Reply with quote
hey,

Yeh the enchants wont be a problem..to clarify thou, do u still want me to have boots enchants even thou Unholy Presence already provides movement seed increase? Smile

I've cleared t11 pre nerf, and 6/7 FL pre nerf. Did rags literally a couple of days after the nerf. Ive done ICC on my hunter when it came out. Cleared 25hc on my DK thou, (thx Ranzoue Smile)
Danray
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Admin
Clearing T11 Icc25hc doesn't really count when its done a tier late in T12 gear Confused Its important for us to see when you killed stuff. Killing stuff a tier later in better gear misrepresents the success that those hm's account for.

And no, dw bout the boot enchant as frost, certain special classes(like my own!) get some love from their specs!

As for the glyphs, a 0.23% dps increase is still a dps increase! Resilience has no place in pve.

Will have an answer for you today/tomorrow.

Last edited by Danray on Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Anonymous wrote:
hey,

Yeh the enchants wont be a problem..to clarify thou, do u still want me to have boots enchants even thou Unholy Presence already provides movement seed increase? Smile

I've cleared t11 pre nerf, and 6/7 FL pre nerf. Did rags literally a couple of days after the nerf. Ive done ICC on my hunter when it came out. Cleared 25hc on my DK thou, (thx Ranzoue Smile)

No, stick with haste on boots.

So, looking at your hunter, you did LK 10 normal, plus heroic citadel (in ICC, at the appropriate time).

What I found weird, is that I could see that you've done 4/5 heroic 25man at some point in ToC, but you only did 1 normal boss, on 10 man... So I can only guess that, that was more recent.

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:43 pm Reply with quote
hehe nah that was all during WoTlk..they guild i was in was not a proper raiding guild, so i wasnt really taking raiding seriously during ToC, as i said its only when ICC came out i started to raid a bit more often.
Eulo
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:56 am Reply with quote
Hey,

Looks like you got the advice you need.

All thats left to say is goodluck with your app Very Happy

Yuvi
Danray
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Admin
For ref accepted for trial 12/10/2011