Chimera Forum Index

< Index  World of Warcraft - Recruitment  ~  resto druid application

praxii
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:50 pm Reply with quote
- IRL Name: Nathan Alexander Clough
- Age: 17>.<, i know i need to be 18 but i hope this doesnt ruin my app
- How long have you been playing WOW?: i used to play at TBC, but when WoTLK come out i kinda gave up. then i came back for cataclysm

About your character
- In game name: Praxi
- Your armory profile link:
- Class: Druid
- Mainspec: Resto
- Offspec: Feral
- Describe your playstyle: i prfer raid healing over tank healing (i like to leave the tank healing to a more capable class like a paladin or priest)
ill pop tree form the moment a boss uses some kind of aoe damage that way ill have tree from off cooldown towards the end of the fight. i like to rely on my clearcasting to give me free regrowths meaning i can stay at near full mana for the majority of the fight.
- How long has this character been your Main Character?: at TBC i was a prot warrior, but when i stopped playing i gave up on that account. when i came back to cataclysm i made a brand new account and decided to roll druid. ive been playing for about a month and a half and have loved it so far.
- Current Realm (if different from Bronzebeard):
- Up to change talents build according to raid needs?: deffo
- Comments on armory profile (optional):
- Please list Alts of significance with Armory link:
- If available, a link to a WWS/WMO or WOL report is surely appreciated:
- Post a screenshot of your UI.

Experience in raid instances (specify HC's and if on another char, the name)

25 Man Raiding
Cataclysm - none Sad our guild never even thought about it
ICC - didnt play wrath
TotGC - none
Ulduar - none
Pre-WotLK - TK, SSC, Maggy and Gruul

10 Man Raiding
Cataclysm - nefarian, 2/2 ToT4W, cho'gall and 1/2 barodin hold.
ICC - none (never played wrath)
TotGC - none
Ulduar - none
Pre-WotLK - karazhan

Playtime
- Can you attend raids at least 4 days/week, in particular from 8:45PM to midnight/1AM (Server time)? i can attend all raid times apart from wednesday. ive already had a word with an officer about it.
- Where you play (home, internet point, other): Home

General
- Guild history and why you left them: the only guild ive been in is the unwanted. i left because the GM invited a know ninja back into the guild after personally saying it was never going to happen.

- Why do you want to join Chimera? i want to play with the best, i want to be friend with the best and most importantly i want to learn from the best.

- What do you see as the most important things you bring to a raid? a mature attiude and the will to learn from my mistakes.

- Any member in Chimera that can vouch for you? maybe cofs? i dont know though

- The raid leader is drunk and not making too much sense. What do you do? i tell the raid leader that hes making no sence whatsoever and ask another high rank person to explain to me.

- Describe yourself and why we should pick you: im prepared to learn, i dont get mad over small thing like loot roles, i can go all day with wipes and still want to succeed

- Other information that you may want to share with us (work, family): im currently studyin catering at north warwickshire and hinckley college. on a wednesday the public can come in and order a meal. my job is to make sure people are happy with what they are eating and the service they are getting, thats why i cant attend wednesdays.

- You have read and accepted the recruitment requirements. yes
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:56 pm Reply with quote
ok so it seems my control+c/v does not work -.- so it missed off my armoury link. so here it is http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/Praxi/simple
Artemis
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Hey Praxl

Thank you for your application, the officers will get back to you soon.

Artemis
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:12 pm Reply with quote
update: the 353 zandalaris legs are now t11 legs
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:10 pm Reply with quote
update: the 359 ToT4W belt is now the 378 hyjal belt
Bunnys
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Agi wrists could do with being replaced Razz

"I have to give props to Blizzard, as this is definitely the most clever "Content Accessibility Model" thus far. Legendary Meta gems. If you've made the effort, completed the chain, and obtained your meta, you're 10% more effective in raids! (or more in some cases)"

"...This just in: gear makes content easier! More news at eight."
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:13 pm Reply with quote
cheers for that Wink i was seeing what feral gear i needed for the full set, must of forgot to change em back
Uwatha
Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:01 am Reply with quote
Hi there i am local useless tree so il give you some feedback before officers, so you can adjust a bit.

Assuming you was 10 man raider, i will not argue about talents much, but still: Why are you dropping nourish and HT at all? Both talents that reduce casting time for nourish gives you spells to fit the gaps with nearly no mana spent. Also dispell is not what you want to use in fights. You still can decurse\depoison target wich is more than needed with priest\paladin in your healing team - you can cover some extra, but mainly you dont want to waste talents and mana on dispells. Other classes dispells are much more powerfull and got some side effects time to time. Looking at your stats i may recommend going for furor, since you will be lacking intellect - thats for sure. Drop crit chance from Nature's Majesty and maybe Living Seed. And yes Master Shapeshifter is a must have talent.

You are a bit undergeared, but this i can understand out of your app, still 1200 haste is far below soft cap even wich is 1650. Without that much haste you dont need crit at all, belive me. Mastery is good aswell, but before you can reforge\regear into mastery you have to go for haste second softcap (2100) and have 2500 spirit at the same time. Before this just drop your mastery to get haste\mp5\crit in that priority.

Would be nice to see a screenshot of your UI and see some recount\skada detlalization to check your spells usage and uptime cause this is only thing that makes a resto druid good.

And btw free tips in the end - never leave tank healing to "more capable classes" cause true tree is one, wich can heal the raid while healing both\all tanks and still dont run OOM in 10 min fight. You will never get high on HPS in that case until supreme gear - but your raid will survive ALOT of missteps.

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:59 am Reply with quote
Admin
Hey there. Due to us now focusing on Ragnaros HC, and the fact you have little to no xp in this current tier, coupled with a lower gear set we would be looking to take at this point in the tier, we wont be offering a trial. Goodluck in your search for a new Guild.

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:12 am Reply with quote
tips are still free...