Chimera Forum Index

< Index  World of Warcraft - Recruitment  ~  Rogue - Wrekin - Member apply

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:12 pm Reply with quote
About me
- IRL Name: Arjan
- How long have you been playing WOW?: 5 years with a 1 year break in between. This application is to become a member of Chimera like I was in TBC, not to be a fulltime hardcore raider. My char I was in Chimera with is called Slam, a Draenei Shaman, some people might remember me. Wink Now I'm playing a rogue and gearing the fella for semi hardcore raiding.

About your character
- In game name: Wrekin
- Your armory profile link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/Wrekin/simple
- Class: Rogue
- Mainspec: Combat
- Offspec: Assassination
- Describe your playstyle: I'm quick and agile, that's why the rogue class suits me the best. I move quick and all my buttons are hotkeyed and I'm using the best gaming hardware, pc- and mouse+keyboard wise. The shorter global cooldown on hotkeys that rogues have, helps me to react quickly in raids and do the most damage. There's never an unused GCD when I'm palying my rogue. I chose combat over assassination because at the moment I'm doing mostly dungeons and to maximize damage and functionality I find combat the most fun and practical for dungeons. I'm willing to change to assassination if it's required in raids with a lot of single targets.
- How long has this character been your Main Character?: This character has been my main since 2 months. I've been playing a Tauren paladin before but I got sort of bored with the tanking playstyle. I'm doing some PvP on that character as holy but I'm getting my PvE fix from this rogue. Smile
- Current Realm (if different from Bronzebeard): My Tauren paladin was on Trollbane but that realm is deader than disco. So I transferred it 4 months ago to Bronzebeard where my other characters have always been.
- Up to change talents build according to raid needs?: As I stated before: yes. A group can't function if it's properly balanced and I'm in this game to win fights with a balanced team.
- Comments on armory profile (optional): The shoulders are still crappy blues since I havent had any luck on ZA and BH runs and there are no epic 359 shoulders with agi that can be crafted. I'm working on rep to get head and shoulder enchants, doing daily's every day and levelling my engineering to craft the epic headpiece. Gloves still need an enchant. I think I'm on the right track when it comes to good pre-raiding gear. Any comments are welcome ofcourse!
- Please list Alts of significance with Armory link: No real significant alts since my alt is a horde char.
- If available, a link to a WWS/WMO or WOL report is surely appreciated:
- Post a screenshot of your UI.
http://flic.kr/p/a48cvk

Experience in raid instances (specify if on another char and the name)

25 Man Raiding
Cataclysm - None.
ICC - None.
TotGC - None.
Ulduar - None.
Pre-WotLK - Cleared Sunwell on old character called Slam (Draenei Shaman) that was also in Chimera. I left WoW for a year to focus on my study.

10 Man Raiding
Cataclysm -
ICC -
TotGC -
Ulduar -
Pre-WotLK -

Playtime
- Can you attend raids at least 4 days/week, in particular from 8:45PM to midnight/1AM (Server time)? No, 4 days is too much for me to combine with personal life.I can go 2 nights with various days/evenings.
- Where you play (home, internet point, other): Home.

General
- Guild history and why you left them: I'm currently in The Elite Squad but I miss the old days with Chimera. Elite Squad is a fun and helpful guild to level but not really anything to do seriously beyond non-heroic dungeons.

- Why do you want to join Chimera? I miss the old guild chat, fun on vent and raiding ethic. I remember most people not taking the game too serious but still have a serious attitude when it comes to progressing through the content. I'm all about that too and want to help in any way possible for Chimera to achieve it's goals.

- What do you see as the most important things you bring to a raid? Serious attitude and a rogue that can kick ass, played by a guy who reads up on tactics, knows his class and what his role is in a group/raid. Also I'm quick, did I mention that? Razz

- Any member in Chimera that can vouch for you? Hmm, some of the oldest members might remember me but it's not a biggy if they don't. Bigd I know from back in the days, Yuvia as well. Vangrom (Thereefa Wink ) And I can remember Morti's gravelly voice from TS, haha. That voice still haunts me..

- The raid leader is drunk and not making too much sense. What do you do? Wonder how he got drunk before me? Nope, not possible.

- Describe yourself and why we should pick you: I'm a sensible and fun guy and have great memories of Chimera. You should pick me for old times sake. Razz

- Other information that you may want to share with us (work, family): I've got too much going on at the moment with a GF and study to commit to 4 days of raiding. What I can and want to do in Chimera is a few days of raiding and generally contribute towards the progress in any way or shape.
Awoogie
Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:08 am Reply with quote
Sorry for the late reply, officers are discussing it atm.

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:36 am Reply with quote
some things id like to point out just by looking at armory

- items wrongly reforged HASTE over anything else for combat is the way to go, yet you reforge almost everything into mastery even 105 points of haste

- 2 unenchanted items, 2 missing engineering tinkers, some enchants like offhand can be improved

- spec is wrong too 7/31/3 would be ideal

EDIT: (took out most parts of the original post Smile )

being a previous member and not applying for raider rank id say if the officers would allow an old member to rejoin is clearly understandable

however what I wrote above about gear should be looked into

suggest reading http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t111329-combat_guide_cata_06_28_2011_a/

gl with your application
Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the tips, I've been working on the enchants and will reforge to the stats that are more combat suited. I was under the impression that after hitcap you needed mastery the most. And I had waaaay too much expertise so thats why I reforged the expertise to mastery. Will check out the elitestjerks guide, cheers.
Vipersnake
Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Anonymous wrote:
This character has been my main since 2 months.

Hello there m8. You dont seem to have a great deal of experience tbh. It takes quite some time to master a class well enough to actually pull the big numbers and stay out of harms way skillfully. I dont see how 2 months of class time and no prior experience, can take you that far.

I was in Chimera during the last tier of TBC, but cant remember you. you might have left before I joined.

Anyway it might help you of one of the remaining relics can remember you and your perfromance! It seems to me its, the best shot you have.

Goodluck m8.

FOR THE DUCHIES!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Admin
Hey Wrekin. We are only inviting people who can make the min 4 nights per week as we recruit for Firelands Hardmodes. Due to this, we wont be offering a trial, goodluck in your search for a new guild.