Chimera Forum Index

< Index  World of Warcraft - Recruitment  ~  Warlock Application

Shadowloco
Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:09 am Reply with quote
About you
- IRL Name: Joel Anderson
- How long have you been playing WOW?: Since early 2009 (about 2 years)

About your character
- In game name: Shadowloco
- Your armory profile link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/Shadowloco/advanced
- Class: Warlock
- Mainspec: Destro
- Offspec: Affliction
- Describe your playstyle:
I prefer playing a complex rotation which is interesting and where you can achieve good results, thus I prefer Destruction (Affli on fights when optimal) because it requires some skill to play and is fast-paced.
- How long has this character been your Main Character?:
Only one month ( Previous main character: Laserguy – Holy Pally with all my raid exp)
- Up to change talents build according to raid needs?:
Ofc (such as if you need demo)
- Comments on armory profile (optional):
The I-level 353 items are the best I could achieve while this character was not my main.
- Please list Alts of significance with Armory link:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/Laserguy/advanced
- If available, a link to a WWS/WMO or WOL report is surely appreciated: As I have only recently changed my main character, no WoL reports are available, however if needed I can post multiple from my H Pally’s previous raids if that helps show my aptitude. (My warlock’s damage is shown on an Argoloth fight in the screenshot of my UI below, albeit not a very good indicator of dps, better than a dummy/ nothing eh?)
- Post a screenshot of your UI.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/gamestuff.jpg/
with the original blizzard raid frames

Experience in raid instances (specify if on another char and the name)

25 Man Raiding
Cataclysm – 6/6 BwD, 2/2 Tot4W, 1/5 BoT hc 0/7 Firelands
ICC – 9/12 icc 25 hc before I took a break from WoW 4 months before Cata
TotGC – 1/5
Ulduar – 4/14-ish before Cata
Pre-WotLK – Cleared during Wrath

10 Man Raiding
Cataclysm - 5/6 BwD, 2/2 Tot4W, 1/5 BoT hc
ICC – 10/12 icc 10 hc
TotGC – 1/5
Ulduar – 8/14-ish before Cata
Pre-WotLK – Cleared during Wrath

Playtime
- Can you attend raids at least 4 days/week, in particular from 8:45PM to midnight/1AM (Server time)? I can (over 80% of raids most likely)
- Where you play (home, internet point, other): At home.

General
- Guild history and why you left them: Was in Reincarnation for half a year on outbreak of ICC, left in March that year to focus on exams. Joined Shadows of Darkness after I came back and have been with them for getting onto a year now as well. Only leaving the great atmosphere there as they wouldn’t allow me to change my main to my Warlock upon 4.2 (which I constantly asked about.)

- Why do you want to join Chimera? Obviously I want to progress, but I also want the atmosphere of a large and stable guild alike to SoD, so basically, to enjoy playing Very Happy

- What do you see as the most important things you bring to a raid? I bring experience of common hard-mode mechanics, always looking to self-improve and someone who knows his class very well. As well as IRL qualities that are important such as being (hopefully) well-humoured and approachable.

- Any member in Chimera that can vouch for you? Sadly not. (Although I have PuGed with one or two of you (for better or for worse Razz )

- The raid leader is drunk and not making too much sense. What do you do? Firstly, I would try not to piss that Raid Leader off (bad things can happen from my experience). Secondly I would try and focus on the task at hand (if an officer wasn’t available) to try and calm the situation down Very Happy

- Describe yourself and why we should pick you: I am committed almost to the extent I will ignore IRL issues (maybe not that much >.> lol), while being able to accept criticism and fix any imperfections that I have. Despite my age being slightly under requirements I also believe myself to very mature.

- Other information that you may want to share with us (work, family): I am currently a Year 13 student (Last year of full time education for those who don’t live in England), and will probably be very busy with schoolwork approaching exam time. However this shouldn’t not be an issue for most of the year Very Happy

- You have read and accepted the recruitment requirements. I have, and I do Very Happy
Wizyfer
Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:31 am Reply with quote
Hey there

Your chosen specs are pretty much standard raid - pve wise.

Enchants are correct , bracers could be replaced with pure spell power for more benefit to your dps , but still haste is the 2nd option.

Your gear is what it is since this is a fresh toon . You gotta put a lot of effort to prove you worth of taking the class spot .

I would like to see you trial and success it cos most of the time fresh toon means new start lots of energy and effort.

Officers will decide that in the end.

Quote:

- The raid leader is drunk and not making too much sense. What do you do? Firstly, I would try not to piss that Raid Leader off (bad things can happen from my experience)

share that story! Very Happy

-W.

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:54 am Reply with quote
Can i just ask, what your normal resolution is? The image you linked us to is only 800x435px.

Also, I don't see any raid frames in that picture, whereabouts are they located, if you have them shown at all, during a raid (Is it safe to assume, under your action bars?).
It could be very important to have them shown during an encounter to see what's happening and to possibly soulstone someone who has died. Personally, I find that having raid frames simplifies this a lot.

Again with the UI, I find that it's a good choice to always have a relatively clear UI so that you can see things happening in the encounter. For example, during Lord Rhyolith there's a lot to see on that small island. You have his big butt, a couple of adds, and lava to all watch out for.

Those are just my personal pet peeves I guess but, you need to be able to see things to dodge them. Smile
Danray
Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:04 am Reply with quote
Admin
Hey Shadow, was you the lock from the ToT4W pug this reset? If so, pimping my druid(Lienad) with DI is a good tactic before applying!

On a serious note,
Quote:
- Can you attend raids at least 4 days/week, in particular from 8:45PM to midnight/1AM (Server time)? I can (over 80% of raids most likely)

We expect high attendance, anything short of missing 1 raid a week regularly will likely mean the loss of your raid spot, and atm with the new tier were looking at 5nights a week max, slimming down to a more stable 4 after the initial rush. This wont be a problem?

Officers are discussing your app now, bare in mind its the wkend now so Sunday lastest we'll have a reply.

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:55 am Reply with quote
While you could say this is a fresh toon, I have been playing it since mid-WOTLK aswell, so it is not like I'm starting completely from fresh by switching it to my main Smile .

Quote:
Can i just ask, what your normal resolution is? The image you linked us to is only 800x435px.

Yes, my resolution is 800x600 (Don't know what went wrong in that pic), I would have to be honest in saying my computer isn't a high-end one, so I try to minimise any fps issues by having video settings on lowest Smile
Quote:
Also, I don't see any raid frames in that picture

As I said slightly below my screenshot, I use the blizzard standard raid UI, with /target [mouseover=mouseover] macro's if an SS is needed for example. An alterative is to use the Healbot my Holy Paladin uses, but I like a bit of variety Smile . About the UI, I believe I could trim down on it if I found any difficulties by temporarily increasing the resolution/ using the scale down UI function.

Ah Danray! I had no idea you were Lienad Smile DI is reserved for the SP tho if I get in Smile

I'm used to achieving higher than 80% attendance at Shadows of Darkness who have a 6-night/ week raiding schedule (that is much more strenuous), so what I mean't by that post is while ofcourse I may miss a raid for some reason, I will be regularly be able to attend.
Kapibara
Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:55 am Reply with quote
Shadowloco wrote:
Yes, my resolution is 800x600 (Don't know what went wrong in that pic), I would have to be honest in saying my computer isn't a high-end one, so I try to minimise any fps issues by having video settings on lowest Smile

So basically you won't see bad things on the ground (which is most important for current content), i know how it looks like becouse i got to play like that when cataclysm came, don't say that you see everything good . DBM is still not calling every shit that you stand on so i'm not sure if you can handle new bosses .

Anyway officers will decide . GL
Decebal
Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:30 am Reply with quote
Quote:

How's your PC handling with 25man raid? don't u have a big issue with fps drops? cuz is not fun to get "frozen picture" when u need to move from lava Smile
Shadowloco
Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:34 am Reply with quote
I have installed leatrix which massively helped my fps problems, instead of below 5 fps, I am consistently around 20fps even in a 25 man environment.
In terms of the problems Kapibara described it is hard for me to comment. The traps set down during Shannox for example are very easy to see even with my video settings, and can imagine similar mechanics in other firelands fight such as avoiding the meteors in Beth'tilac.
I'm not going to disagree with you that having the lowest video settings may be a slight disadvantage. However, I can change settings such as enabling Projected Textures (that seems to be very helpful) on encounters where that is an issue, while still retaining play-able fps.
Just my point of view, up to officers to make of it what they will Smile
Awoogie
Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
. The traps set down during Shannox for example are very easy to see even with my video settings

Note to everyone else, these are EASY to see, not so hard to move from it!

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:46 pm Reply with quote
I also raid with lowest setting and projected textures (if needed) would even say its actully easier to see stuff on lower settings! As long as you have decent fps and dont dc 15times during evening I dont see problems.

Nways raider that can avoid stuff is not about powerhouse pc nor settings but about focus, fight knowledge, not suffering from tunnel etc.

It easy to avoid stuff if you actually look whats happening on screen and knw when/where to look for bad stuff Wink

For all learn your rotations by feeling!

Like this chap hes not looking and he can control that drone use the force!!!
Danray
Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Admin
Hey Shadow. Accepted for trial. Whisper an officer for an invite.