Chimera Forum Index

< Index  Public Off Topic  ~  First impression of Wotlk

Gararandiose
Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:04 am Reply with quote
Wotlk has been out a few days now(finally!).

I logged in on thursday afternoon, and took the boat from SW. Of course i fell off the first ride, so i had to swim back to SW Rolling Eyes So, i saw back to SW, took the boat again, and this time i didnt fall off. now, when i came to the first town in borean tundra, i was confused. i was infact very very confused. i more or less ran in circles all for about 15 mins finding new stuff all the time:

"Oh look! a engineer!"
trains skills for 50g.
"Oh look! a herbalist!"
trains skills for 30g.
"oh look! a cooking trainer!"
trains skills for 50g.
"Oh look! A first a--, erhm.
runs around in circles. double checks everything. again. Gives up.
"oh look, its a quest on the map! lets take that!"
runs to the boat.
"hmm, were is that bloody thing?"
runs around, over and under the boat. runs into the keeps looking for some deep cellar. *shivers* and reads a quest for the first time since carbonite came out.

I did a few more quests (hunter trap-tagging ftw) and then teamed up with anu. we did a few quests, constantly running in opposite directions, fighting different mobs, and yelling for the other one to pay attention.
Then i got an invite to Utgarde Keep. it was decent, however, i couldent get the thought of Ramparts out of my head. 6/10

Then we went on to Azjol┤Nerub. it was great. it was short, to the point, and fun. after a wipe on the second boss, a long run, a little panic when a thousand spiders spawned at us, and the fall that lasted for about a min, i dident think an instance could get any better. we did it again, and it was still fun (and we still wiped once on second boss.) 8/10

We decided to go to Ahn┤Akhet. but first we had to find it. we ran around in circles for a bit, then i found it.
"I found it!"
but it seems a group on vent only reads party-chat when its strange words to pronounce, so they ran around a little more Cool when we got inside, i almost had an
orgasm. i have never seen an instance this good looking, this pwnes MC in the face,
kicks gruul in the but and laughs at BT. we killed first boss, spent some time looking for second boss (that we thought was first boss) and spent 15 minutes in zangarmash, trying to find a some mobs to kill. ( i thought that we were suposed to jump down the water fall, which was a Fail) then we came to last boss. Mind FTW, nuff said. 10/10.

all in all, i think Wotlk is way way better then TBC. funnier quests, better instances, and i only hope that the raids are just as good.

So, whats your first impression of Wotlk?
Yavannie
Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:44 am Reply with quote
I'm really liking the expansion. Quests are a lot better, and so are the areas, if you compare it to TBC.

I'm trying to blog about the release, although I've been a bit too busy leveling to keep up Smile
Mm
Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:22 pm Reply with quote
I don't like it tbh.
Never really enjoyed leveling, so planned to follow a beta guide of instance leveling - which is by far the fastest way.
But whenever I'm looking for dedicated guildies to do the instance farms, everyone's busy questing :<

I'm staying as resto though, incase I can set up some good farming sessions - if not I'll just slug my way up to 80 questing as resto I guess.
Cofs
Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:30 pm Reply with quote
A friend from work told me friday evening at 20:00, that he needed 300.000 xp to gain lvl 80.... That seems damn fast... He also told me, that at lvl 74 he started swapping T6 for upgrades, thought they┤d last longer....

Any lvl 80 in chimera yet or are u all slackers like Ceides?? Twisted Evil
allanna
Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:12 pm Reply with quote
so far, so good! i really think that lessons were learned by blizz from TBC and this expansion seems a huge step up in quality from the run to 70. the area's look awsome, the quests are varied and well thought out and there dosnt seem to be quite the same massive overcrowding that was the case in helfire starting area.
My only slight gripe would be that it seems far to quick to level. i would have liked it to have taken a few weeks to level rather than the 1 week that it looks like atm. having said that, roll on the raiding!!!!
Yavannie
Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:15 pm Reply with quote
I suppose instance leveling might be fast if you can find people who are willing to run the same instances over and over again. Personally, I keep thinking about all the times I'm going to have to run them on heroic, for badges and rep, and I get sick at the thought. Too boring and repetative for my taste. It's good to do them once or twice and learn them though, for sure Smile

That being said, I've leveled through doing quests 95% of the time, and it's not exactly going slow! I'm the kind of person who really enjoys all kinds of lore-lol and finding out how it all fits together etc. I think the quests in this release have improved vastly. Sure, there's still a few 'kill x' quests, but a lot of new stuff that we haven't seen before as well. I do think they made a real effort this time around.
Samiel
Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:18 pm Reply with quote
It has been a long time since I had as much fun in wow as I do now, questing, exploring all the new areas (which all looks great!) and watching the Arthas story unfold with the events in the Dragonblight.

Compared to nuking the same instance over and over again it's heaven :)
Gararandiose
Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:52 am Reply with quote
im mixing them up Smile when i get boored of quest and feel like some mindless killing, i find a group to an instance and do it 5+ times, and when im bored of that i go play with those walrus ppl. working real great and it keeps me awy from the "im bored, lets do the DK storyline again." Wink
Tsigaa
Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:13 am Reply with quote
TBH i'm very impressed.The quests are very well designed they really make a change not the usual kill 10 of these gather 20 of that, ofc there is many of these too, but i kinda enjoy it.
Northrend looks way better than Outland.
Most important is the new instances are fun but easy so far but they are a change.
All in all lich is ftw.!Smile