Chimera Forum Index

< Index  World of Warcraft - Recruitment  ~  Jaybird - Hunter

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:21 pm Reply with quote
In game name: Jaybird
Class: Hunter
Race: Night Elf
Level: 60
Current build: Beast Master (34/17/0)
Professions: Skinning (305), Dragonscale Leatherwork (300)
Rare or useful recipes/formulas: Green Dragonscale set (Full set, Nature res), Black Dragonscale set (Shoulders/Chest, Fire res)

IRL Name: Justin

Access to MC: Yes
Access to BWL: Yes
Access to Onyxia: Yes

Current gear and why you use it: http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?1814457 In this profile I have my fire res gear on, with nature res and pvp gear in my bags. The Allakhazam fire res doesn't add the +15 enchant on cloak, so actual fire res is 101. I mainly play PvP and rep grind at the moment, so alternate between PvP armor (dps) and Green Dragonscale armor (Nature res and Mana regen).

Would I be willing to change my talent build if necessary: The short answer is Yes, the long answer is I'd like the opportunity to prove how effective BM spec can be if you know how to use your pet properly Smile

Unbuffed Fire/Nature/Frost Resistance: Fire = 101, Nature = 101, Frost = 5 (but I am working on Stormpike honor to get more frost res gear)

Weekly Avg playtime: 7 days a week, 5 hrs a day

Is this my main character: Yes

Former guilds and why I left: Freelancers - I joined shortly after the guild was formed, and it was a great guild for coming up through the levels. Unfortunately, it is not big or ambitious enough to go to any of the bigger instances, and a lot of my friends from the guild have moved on to experience end-game content with other guilds. I tried to just play PvP for a while to improve my character, but before the patch the queue times were just too long. I am looking for a fresh start.

Why do I want to join Chimera: I have heard a lot of great things about the guild, that it is friendly and well organised. Lye is also one of my oldest (and bestest) ingame friends, and I miss her terribly! Smile Mostly though, I want to re-discover what the game is about - working together to complete a challenge!

Any member of Chimera that can vouch for me: Lye

The raid leader is drunk, what do you do: Tricky one. As a new (and inexperienced in end-game instances) member of the guild, I would try to make the best of the situation and hope that one of the older, more experienced players made some useful suggestions to help the raid leader make good decisions. As an established, experienced member of the guild I would take on that role of aiding the raid leader. I am concious of the fact that when you're working as a team, it is important for everyone to be working together and following one person's instructions. Trying to just take leadership from someone who has obviously earned their position as raid leader could also lead to conflict. At the end of the day, if you are in a strong team it is possible to come through tough situations even with bad leadership, provided everyone works together.

Describe myself and why you should pick me: I'm an easy-going, fun-loving, sensible guy who is looking for a new home in a well organised guild that enjoys new challenges. I have worked hard to meet the criteria specified on the recruitments page (got BWL and Onyxia attunement, and solo'd MC attunement all in 1 week Smile ) and am willing to complete any other challenges given to me.

Other information: I'm a single IT professional from Cape Town (South Africa) living in London. I enjoy most kinda of sports, movies and music. I am well educated (BBusSci (Hons) Information Systems) and like to help people that have questions about stuff I know about Smile
Lye
Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Jaybird is a great player and very friendly guy. When he put his first application in alittle over aweek ago he didn't have Access to MC BWL Onyxia but has work very hard over the last week and now has them.. Which shows he holds Chimera in Great regards.. so please give his application serious consideration..

many thanks Lye

ps.. i used a dictionary english to write this so i hope it makes sences. Laughing
Numan
Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Guest wrote:

and solo'd MC attunement all in 1 week Smile

lol you should show Sacred how to do this, he died at the first pack after I opened the door and got me killed in the process.

but yeah Jaybird is a cool guy. I remember that time me him and Warcow were chatting in deeprun tram.
Zakalwe
Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 May 2006 Posts: 4174 Location: Brisbane, Australia
Very nice application Jaybird. We are currently discussing it.

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:20 pm Reply with quote
how the heck can you solo attunement as a hunter?
nice app btw Smile
Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
how the heck can you solo attunement as a hunter?

Well, I watched 2 video's (1 for rogue, 1 for mage) that showed the route, and then decided to give it a try Smile

Unfortunately I wasted the 2 Invisibility pots that a mate gave me, so I had to be a bit creative with Feign Death and my pet... only really tricky part was the 4 elementals on a rock in the middle of the lava, but 'cos I'm BM spec my pet's pretty tough, so I sent it in and then ran like hell Wink (to all you animal lovers, I don't usually sacrifice my pet in this way, and I cried when he died Sad )
I did discover some useful things, like you don't get stunned when using Cheetah in lava... helped a lot Smile

Tried to show another hunter friend of mine the way last night (Lavaguy ... lives up to his name too Wink ) We didn't have the key, so we cleared the Arena and decided to try Incendius too (got him 2nd try Very Happy), but had used all our healing pots (well ... I forgot to bring, and he used his 1 on Incendius Wink ) and his health wasn't high enough to survive the swim Sad
Was a heaps of fun though Very Happy

Thanks for all the positive feedback - holding thumbs Very Happy