Chimera Forum Index

< Index  World of Warcraft - Recruitment  ~  Prot Warrior - Kald - Casual Team

Kald
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Hello Chimeryons (that's the correct word right?). Some of you way know me from early Cata. I suspect that there is a screenshot or two starring my pink dress stitting around somewhere.

Well I'm having the worst luck in terms of raiding. Chimera seems to be the only guild that I've been in that hasn't died (it's not me...honest) and when I saw Diivil's post about your casual team I thought I'd see if you have a spot for this old dwarf again.

So yes, this is an app for the casual team. Progress seems to be about the same as mine and a raid start time of 9pm server is perfect for me. Below is a full application, but most of it is a cut and paste of my old app http://www.chimeraguild.eu/v2/viewtopic.php?t=8177

If after reading it, you'd like me in. I can also bring a Monk tank and a couple DPS from my current guild if you're interested. They are very disheartened atm but will make apps for sure if there are possible spots form them.

On with the app:

About you
- IRL Name: this is a closely guarded secret
- How long have you been playing WOW?: I began plaing in January 06. I began raiding in around October/November 07 (TBC)

About your char
- In game name: Kald (Currently Käld)

- Armory profile link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Bronzebeard/Kald/simple

- Class: Warrior

- Mainspec: Protection

- Offspec: Fury. Currently SMF as I got a 2nd Sha-touched 1h (LFR). I've never been very good at DPS. but This expansion seems to have made it a lot easier so I seem to be able to output 50k even with 5 blue bits of gear. This is good for me. I'm not really interested in DPSing in raids though.

- Describe your playstyle: That would depend on the encounter. My Stats/reforging are a bit all over the place as i've been trying to balance between mastery build and an avoidence build. this has been fine at my current progress level, but would need to be properly addressed if I were to progress past normal modes. Ability priorites depend on the encounter - Shield block for incoming physical damage. Shield Barrier for incoming magic damage. Revenge and Shield Slam to generate the rage. Thunderclap and Weakened Blows for added mitigation.

I have specced Enraged Regeneration which when coupled with Last Stand gives a huge self heal. Blodbath for the DPS boost and Shockwave for add control

I use a bunch of targeting and ability macros, often encounter specific.

AskMrRobot is my friend even if I don't always take his advice.

As for DPS, it's a priority thing Colosus Smash > Raging blow > Bloodthirst > Wild Strike if procced. Berserker Rage and Battle/Commanding Shout on cd. Heroic Strike for a rage dump. Battle stance if there is no incoming damage, Zerker if there is significant amounts. Heroic Leap away to Charge in, if rage is needed.

- How long has this character been your Main Character?: since I started playing in January 2006

- Current Realm (if different from Bronzebeard): N/A

- Up to change talents build according to raid needs?:
To become DPS main spec? Not relly
To improve my tanking role/assignment? Yes of course

Comments on armory profile (optional):
I don't have anything I wish to say other than I've put quite a lot of effort into this character (all my achievements have been gained using this character) and I'm not giving it up any time soon. As you can see, I'm fully up to date on the Wrathion Q line. I'm more than happy to answer any questions you have

- Please list Alts of significance with Armory link:
I have an:
85 Mage Herb/mining farmer
85 Rogue - Alchemist
80 DK - Alchemist
90 Priest - Tailor/enchanter
I have never raided current content on any of them, nor do I intend to. they live in my personal guild and I don't intend to do anything significant

- If available, a link to a WWS/WMO or WOL report is surely appreciated: I used Wol throughout FL and DS, but not since MoP came along Sorry Surprised(

- Post a screenshot of your UI.
I dont have any current shots. but its the same as the old one on my previous app http://www.chimeraguild.eu/v2/viewtopic.php?t=8177

Experience in raid instances (specify if on another char and the name)

25 Man Raiding
MoP - Nothing on 25 (LFR doesn't count)
DS - Nothing on 25 (LFR doesn't count)
FL - Nothing on 25
BWD/BoT/ToT4W - I did these with you guys. 4/6Hc BWD 2/5(?)Hc BoT 1/2Hc Tot4W
ICC - 12/12 normal. 9/12 Hc
TotGC - 4/5 Hc I think
Ulduar - Cleared with the exception of Algalon. I don't have many 25man hardmodes
Pre-WotLK -
In TBC I tanked all content except Sunwell pre 3.0.2. Killed up to Felmyst in SWP before WotLK hit

10 Man Raiding
MoP - MSV normal clear. 1 down in HoF normal
DS - 5/8 Hc before MoP. 8/8Hc shortly after (took an enforced break from WoW in the run up to MoP)
FL - 4/7 Hc
BWD/BoT/ToT4W - Nothing Hc on 10
ICC - 12/12 normal. 11/12 Hc
TotGC - Cleared
Ulduar - Cleared with Glory of the Uluar raider title. No Algalon kill
Pre-WotLK - All content cleard as it was current Kara 10, rest 25)

Playtime
- Can you attend raids at least 4 days/week, in particular from 8:45PM to midnight/1AM (Server time)? My understanding is that the casual team starts at 9pm server. This is perfect for me. expect to see me online at this time on Weds, Thurs, Sun, Mon and at about 10:30 Server time on other days. I also play on Monday mornings and most of the day on Tuesdays and Wednesdays

- Where you play (home, internet point, other): Home

General
- Guild history and why you left them: Lot of this is a cut/paste:

<InsaneDwarfPosse> Bronzebeard Alliance
was my first guild. Me and a RL buddy set it up just to level in. We were happy just playing us two and levelling together at a very slow pace (took me nearly 8 months to hit 60) until another RL mate joined us. This other pal is a real social animal and startid inviting all and sundry to our quiet little guild. It was basically a guild for people who were levelling and chatting. However all that changed when I hit 60. You see I wanted more. A lot more. I was PVPing under the old title system back then (got Knight Champion rank) and I wanted to run more instances and raid if possible. Unfortunately my guild didn't really share my view. PVE took as long to organise a 5 man as it did to do the thing (and that in itself was long....old school BRD how I hated thee). Utimately I only ever did one raid at 60 and that was UBRS....

So TBC. The prospect of 10/25 man raiding seemed to really appealed to the guild - 40 was just too daunting. So I decided to stick it out and see what happened. I levelled fairly fast and started to encourage regular 5 mans....but we hit a wall, too many casuals with no desire for Heroics. But of course people wanted gear and I got sick of hearing how Kara was possible with non-heroic gear...but if people can't be bothered with heroics how was I going to get them in Kara?....well I wasn't. We went to Kara maybe half a dozen times getting up to Illhoof on our best attempt but it was sheer luck and a part collaberation with alts from a better motivated guild that enabled this. So I decided to move on.

<Focus> Bronzebeard Alliance
I applied to the top 10 guilds on Bronzebeard (aim high!) and was given a trial by <Focus> they had Kara on farm and had Lootreaver down in TK. I applied as a tank saying that I had no desire to DPS (this is still the case) but this was difficult as their GM was also a Prot Warrior. My tactic was simply to ALWAYS be available. they couldn't ignore me and I ended up being a core member of <Focus> through the remainder of TBC. If I recall correctly the only first kills i missed were Reliquary of Souls (single tank fight - in fact I only ever killed it once I think) and Illidan (I was on my honeymoon for a month). <Focus> progressed into Sunwell and I got to see kills on Kalecgos, Brutallus and Felmyst before WotLK hit.

I was experiencing a lot of old views on tanking from the officers in <Focus> there still seemed to be the idea that there is a 'main tank' that needed gearing first and that 'off tanks' were a second thought. I decided that in order to get a bit more respect I would level fast on WotLK and make myself invaluable to gearing to raid. This is exactly what I did - being the 2nd 80 in the guild and the first with all BiS from heroics and ready to raid before most were even levelled. I ran normal and Hc dungeons constantly back then helping to gear and prep people till we had enough for Naxx and beyond. Naxx of course was the cake everyone knew it to be (though I never got 'Immortal' or 'Undying' to my eternal shame...) Ulduar was of course awesome. Both of those were tanked to hell and back on a 5 day raiding schedule. ToC...ToC I missed. My daugher was born almost the same time that ToC was released , by the time I came back ToC was of course cleared and the Heroic mode was being worked on. I began to suffer from the 'your gear's not good enough' fallacy. I got a few alt runs and geared up, but many people were finding ToC boring and cracks were appearing in the guild. Before ICC hit our GM quit, he was the stabilising factor among a lot of over inflated officer egos and people started to jump ship.

<Divined> Bronzebeard Alliance
I applied to the top guilds again and was lucky enough to get a trial with <Divined> I'm not sure why they took a shot at me, they were progressing well and already had a raiding Prot Warrior but I'm glad they gave me a go. I again simply made sure I was always available on time all the time and I was promoted to raider status very quickly. In <Divined> we romped through normal modes and many Hcs. By the time Cata hit we had 9/12 Hc 25 and 11/12Hc10 and a bunch of people with 'Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10' mounts. I really loved this guild

So now Cata. Again I levelled fast but then this time so did a bunch of guildies, our intention was to have a core group raiding 10 man as fast as poss....but we lacked a dedicated second tank so progress was slow. We then began to have a lot of attendance problems that were not helped by the recruitment problem on Bronzebeard (people seem to be happy in sub-average guilds) We got have 9/12 normal bosses dead and on farm, but had to start to run 10s as so few people were logging on. This lead to a core group of us (including the GM) looking for a new place to play and progress.

<FullyLoaded> Twisting Nether Horde
That took us to Twisting Nether - horde side. The guild we joined is well progressed with 3 Hc bosses dead. But the raid times don't work for me - a strict 19:30 Server time start. I fully expect not to get a regular raid spot with them because of thi,s although I have been lucky enough to get a spot on a Cho'gal kill and a Hc Halfus kill. But in order to raid regularly I need to find a new home.

<Chimera> Bronzebeard
These guys took me on. I'm not sure why. I think my app was so long it melted their brais a little. I was massively grateful to them I learned an awesome amount and had a great time. But then all the guys from <Divined> decided to get back together and asked me to Main Tank for them. Whilst I had no illusions that we might be as good as Chimera, they are/were friends in need and I knew Chimera would have no problems at all filling my spot.

<Divined> Bronzebeard
Firelands with Divined was a blast and we progressed failry well, once we got into Hcs we began to experience a phenomenon where players think that Hc progress should be as fast as normal progress and the guild began to fracture again. we had a high turnover of players but still ended the tier fairly well. Fresh blood was aquired for DS. Whilst progressing in DS Hc last January my wife decided to leave me (she is now back...we're still working at things). I took a 4/5 week break from Wow. On my return, the GM of Divined had changed, I had been demoted, and my raid spot was refused to me and was being occupied by a non-guildy. I quit.

<The> Bronzebeard
I decided to remain guildless in the run up to MoP as I needed the break from a raid schedule. Friends who were also now ex-Divined asked me to join the Burning Blade which I did on MoP release. Raiding started well....except Elegon...fractures, lack of healers for recruitment on BB, yadda yadda. same old story. We cleared MSV and 1 bossin HoF but The Burning Blade cant raid any more simply due to having no experienced healers.

- Why do you want to join Chimera? I had a lot of fun here before and when I read that you have a more casual arm with a great raid start time and excellent members I though I should give it a go. This is the first time in wow tha I havent cleared a tier (normal) before the next one comes and this is very disappointing. I expect that even a casual group in Chimera if they can make a full group can easily achieve normal mode clears and I would like to help that happen

- What do you see as the most important things you bring to a raid? I have a lot of vanity items that change my appearance, so...confusion. Confusion is an important thing. Also patience. Wipes irritate me, but never anger me. I know we can succeed.

- Any member in Chimera that can vouch for you? Even though my previous time in Chimera was short, I hope i am remembered and not in a bad way

- The raid leader is drunk and not making too much sense. What do you do? kick back and have fun. know my role well enough that their drunkenness doesn't affect me.

- Describe yourself and why we should pick you:
I'm fairly private. I don't share much of my real life with the online community - very few people know my real name and I prefer it that way but I am very dedicated to my character and the role of a tank. I'm not a guild hopper, a rage quitter or an altaholic. I turn up when I say I will and I'm always prepared. I have a ton of gold and don't need the guild to support me in any way other than by inviting me to raids. I no longer eat licorice or drink gallons of Pepsi Max as I don't want my daughter copying those habits!! My humor is fairly surreal. In kill shots I like Kald to dress up - currently I'm carrying around a pink dress. The first pet I levelled to 25 was Willy, simply so I could get out my big willy in raids...

- Other information that you may want to share with us (work, family):
I don't work. I don't need to. I play sporadically during the day (normally if my daughter is playing by herself).

- You have read and accepted the recruitment requirements.

Yuppers

Thanks for reading. Look forward to hearing from you guys soon

TL;DR I'm Kald. I'm modest and overly honest. I want to join your casual team please.
Artemis
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Hey there Kald,

Thank you for your application, although i am not talking for the casual raidgroup, i would like to wish you best of luck and you will mostlikely hear something from them within a weeks time.

Art
Wizyfer
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:28 pm Reply with quote
What you think has changed from the time you didn't pass the trial up to today to rejoin again ?

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Didn't pass trial?

Wizyfer, you must be thinking of someone else. I was a raid member when I was here before. The ONLY reason I left was that friends I used to play with asked me to join them in a 100% guaranteed tanking role. I knew Dan would have no problem replacing me (Tanks were on a kind of rotation at the time anyway) and I gave a ton of notice.

I didn't fail trial and I wasn't asked to leave. And had it not been a bunch of long standing friends asking me, I wouldn't have left. As it happens, I struggled with the thought of leaving 25s and put a lot of pressure on the new guild to ensure that raiding was a reality as it needed to be guaranteed in order for me to leave Chimera. I feel extremely privilaged to have been in Chimera and didn't take my membership or decision to leave lightly at all.
Mikki
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:39 pm Reply with quote
as far as i remember kald passed his trial
Danray
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Admin
Guys. This is for Diivil to look over.

Out of interest as I know Diivil works long shifts, what other DPS are available that you mention, class/spec etc?

Goodluck Kald.

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:29 pm Reply with quote
At the same level of readiness as me there's:

Monk tank (who also has DK tank and DPS Shaman raid ready and has experience as a Bear too)
Hunter
Lock
Rogue
Mage

the guild also has 3 healers who are developing but still show inexperience:

Resto Druid altaholic
Resto Shaman
We also just recruited a freshly dinged Holy Priest who shows promise and enthusiasm but is a fair way from being ready

With the crap that The Burning Blade has gone through recently that are all very disillusioned with the game atm. The guild knows about Chimera's casual team and my app. But I suspect the name Chimera might be a bit daunting for one or two of them. I will keep pointing them in this direction.
Wizyfer
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Kald wrote:
you must be thinking of someone else.

Yea i did thought u was some1 else known as "target of target" that was a DK tank not warrior.
my bad

good luck

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:05 pm Reply with quote
I was talking with Kald this evening and it would be great thing to get him into a guild help social team. He also has a friend who wants to join and help with socials called Kenishi.

-Diivil