Chimera Forum Index

< Index  World of Warcraft - Recruitment  ~  Unholy Death Knight

Vexa
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:12 pm Reply with quote
About you
- IRL Name: Erjen
- How long have you been playing WOW?: On and off about 4 years.

About your character
- In game name: Vexa
- Your armory profile link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/Vexa/simple
- Class: Death Knight
- Mainspec: Unholy
- Offspec: -
- Describe your playstyle: Rotation, rotation, rotation.
- How long has this character been your Main Character?: On and off a little over a year.
- Current Realm (if different from Bronzebeard): Bronzebeard
- Up to change talents build according to raid needs?: Yes. But it takes some getting used to.
- Comments on armory profile (optional): I'm trying to get rid of the 450 gear, but stuff keeps getting knicked by chav healers for off-spec...

Experience in raid instances
1. Plz specify HC's and if on another char, the name: Mogu'Shan vaults Raidfinder cleared, Sha of Anger killed. Heroics on farm. Exalted with all reps apart from August Celestials & Shado'Pan.
Vexa
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Playtime
- Can you attend raids at least 4 days/week, in particular from 8:45PM to midnight/1AM (Server time)? Yes.
- Where you play (home, internet point, other): Home.

General
- Guild history and why you left them:
Switched servers a while back because all my friends play on Bronzebeard aswell. Used to be in a hardcore raiding guild on Tarren Mill & Deathwing, until the raid leader kept going bananas against everyone. So I /gquit that.

- Why do you want to join Chimera?
I'm looking for a good raid guild and a social guild that actually helps eachother out when needed.

- What do you see as the most important things you bring to a raid?
Do ma thing and don't mock about.

- Any member in Chimera that can vouch for you?
No.

- The raid leader is drunk and not making too much sense. What do you do?
Mute the bugger and start explaining tacs myself. Then join him for a pint afterwards Razz

- Describe yourself and why we should pick you:

I can bring home some nice dps. My current item level is 473 and rising. When everything is reset on wednesday, by friday my valor points are capped and my raids are on cooldown. I'm currently grinding for 489 faction gear. And doing some heroics meanwhile to replace the 450 gear with 463 for the time being. (without any luck, I might add)

- Other information that you may want to share with us (work, family): I might not be able to raid sometimes due to the fact I have to study for work. That doesn't happen alot though.

- You have read and accepted the recruitment requirements.
Bunnys
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:40 pm Reply with quote
deleted

Last edited by Bunnys on Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total

"I have to give props to Blizzard, as this is definitely the most clever "Content Accessibility Model" thus far. Legendary Meta gems. If you've made the effort, completed the chain, and obtained your meta, you're 10% more effective in raids! (or more in some cases)"

"...This just in: gear makes content easier! More news at eight."
Vexa
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Basicly everything that isn't 489 yet. Gloves, headpiece, shoulders, bracers and trinkets. After that replace the 470 ring + 476 chest and boots.

Weapons are more difficult since normal raids are virtually impossible with a PUG. So I'm stuck with raidfinder.

I'll start to replace the bracers first. But that depends on who can do the 180 strength on bracers enchant that you get from revered with August Celestials. If I can't find anyone I'll take the gloves first. Since the headpiece is 2250 valor points. Which takes more than 2 weeks of farming.
Darkwolfdude
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Have you thought about reforging any gear at all, to dump some of the more worthless stats, in favor of getting hit capped?

- And then further maximizing your potential DPS by reforging into the best secondary stats, after hit and expertise?

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Good thing you brought that up. I have not actually. I didn't bother with it because I'm not raiding on the highest level anyway. In any case it would still be better if I do reforge.
Bunnys
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:02 pm Reply with quote
deleted

Last edited by Bunnys on Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total

"I have to give props to Blizzard, as this is definitely the most clever "Content Accessibility Model" thus far. Legendary Meta gems. If you've made the effort, completed the chain, and obtained your meta, you're 10% more effective in raids! (or more in some cases)"

"...This just in: gear makes content easier! More news at eight."
Eulo
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:52 am Reply with quote
Bunnys wrote:
The following changes need to be made to get your character ready for normal mode raiding:

Individual items:

Shoulder Enchant required
Hit enchant on cloak
Strength or mastery on bracers
Strength on gloves
Belt buckle required
+160 Strength gem in waist (+60 crit isn't a worthy bonus)
+80 strength, +160 gem in legs
Expertise Cogwheel in trinket instead of Crit cogwheel
Several of these items are 489+ ilvl so no idea why they've been neglected.

Overall:

Reforge to achieve the following stat weights- Hit to cap> Expertise to cap> Haste>Crit>Mastery
Level two raid suitable professions to 600
Replace the 450 PvP items with 463 from 5mans

I'm sure there would be other issues to address, these are just the things I can see from checking out your armory.

I would not take an alt to LFR in this condition, I have no idea why anyone would apply to a semi-hardcore raiding guild with their character in this shape, unless it's April 1st maybe?

The last comment is unnecessary, but this is solid advice you should listen to as any raiding guild will look for these changes as a minimum requirement.

Goodluck Smile
Vexa
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:25 am Reply with quote
No need to be cynical Bunnys, but I do appreciate the requirements. I have most done now.

Shoulder enchant isn't the best atm (200 str + 100 crit) because my profession isn't 600 yet, working on it.
463 gloves + enchant, bracers + enchant and helmet, working on it.

Shoulder Enchant required DONE (till I hit 600 inscription)
Hit enchant on cloak DONE
Strength or mastery on bracers
Strength on gloves
Belt buckle required DONE
+160 Strength gem in waist (+60 crit isn't a worthy bonus) DONE (btw, I was suprised that a belt buckle stacks with the original gem slot it already had.)
+80 strength, +160 gem in legs DONE
Expertise Cogwheel in trinket instead of Crit cogwheel DONE

Overall:

Reforge to achieve the following stat weights- Hit to cap> Expertise to cap> Haste>Crit>Mastery DONE
Level two raid suitable professions to 600
Replace the 450 PvP items with 463 from 5mans
Danray
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:53 am Reply with quote
Admin
Hi Vexa.

Some good advice here on how to prepare your char for raiding, all that I'd expect to be done before an app is made. Even so, we are currently not looking to take any melee on board as per our WoW Progress recruitment listings.

Therefore I will be declining this app. Goodluck in your search for a Guild.

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Alright thanks anyway! I'll keep looking Smile
Zakalwe
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 May 2006 Posts: 4174 Location: Brisbane, Australia
I think he was probably talking about the LFR part. Most of us run LFR with an alt as soon as we can make the ilvl requirement my hook or crook.