Chimera Forum Index

< Index  World of Warcraft - Recruitment  ~  GrabAColdOne - Level 60 Holy Paladin requesting to join

GrabAColdOne
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:32 am Reply with quote
In game name: GrabAColdOne
Class: Paladin
Race: Human
Level: 60
Current build: 33/11/7 (Holy/Protection/Retribution)
Professions: Blacksmith/Weaponsmith – 300, Mining -300
Rare or useful recipes/formulas: Arcanite Champion, Heartseeker, Dark Iron Reaper

IRL Name: Mark Cross

Access to MC: YES
Access to BWL: YES
Access to Onyxia: YES

Current gear and why you use it. Please post a profile with your standard raiding gear on either Ctprofiles or other sites you may prefer: http://ctprofiles.net/2072243

I am currently in the process of improving my gear to be suitable enough for raiding. A number one priority will be to increase my fire resistance as much as possible for Molten Core, and to continue runs to the required instances for the Lightforge set. I am working through the armour upgrade quest chains in preparation for getting the set pieces. Another high priority is to replace the green boots item with something that provides a better +intellect boost.

I noticed pre-level 60 a shortage of mana available over the course of longer fights. Since reaching the highest level I have tried to gear around having higher intellect to increase my mana pool. It has so far made a dramatic difference.

Would you be willing to change your talent build if necessary?: If needed

Your unbuffed fire/nature/frost resistances: 70/0/0

Your weekly average playtime; days/hours?: Anywhere between 5-10 hours per day

Is this your main character? : Yes

Former guilds on Bronzebeard and why you left them: Path Finders, Pie Club (Disbanded), Hedonistic Penguins – Do not describe themselves as a raiding guild, and struggle to get people to show up to justify raids to MC or AQ. While the social side of the guild was enjoyable, I would like the chance to experience more challenging instances on a regular basis.

Why do you want to join Chimera?: I feel that Chimera will give me the opportunity to get involved more heavily in end-game instances. I want to play alongside and learn from experienced players, and basically get down to business more than I have done so far.

Any member in Chimera that can vouch for you?: Have partied briefly with Numan, not sure if that would be enough to count or not

The raid leader is drunk and not making too much sense. What do you do?: Attempt to try and get them to pass over raid leadership to someone a little more sober. Failing that, if you can’t beat them, join them!

Describe yourself and why we should pick you: I won’t bore you with my life story, but I have a lot of patience from working as a tennis coach part-time and will put the time in to improve my gear and prepare for upcoming raids. I have taken on a wide variety of roles in parties, using all aspects of the paladin class. I also have gear available for greater healing bonuses if required. I am able to adapt to a variety of situations where required, both with equipment and class knowledge.

Other information that you may want to share with us that may affect your application (work, family): I currently play a large amount of sport which can interrupt raids on Mondays and Wednesdays, but will be able to skip them or leave early if required by the guild. During the summer, I am also playing cricket, but will be able to make it back before the start of the raid (and the season is coming to an end soon anyway)
Numan
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:13 am Reply with quote
GrabAColdOne wrote:

Any member in Chimera that can vouch for you?: Have partied briefly with Numan, not sure if that would be enough to count or not

for me it counts, the people who asked me to help that day are people i respect in the game and if they wanted me to help you then thats good enough for me Very Happy
GrabAColdOne
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:07 pm Reply with quote
UPDATE

Resistances now 113/16/17