Chimera Forum Index

< Index  World of Warcraft - Recruitment  ~  Priest ( MS shadow / discipline OS) - Akete

aketeapp
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:56 pm Reply with quote
About you
- IRL Name: Ţórhallur
- How long have you been playing WOW?: since 1.1

About your character
- In game name: Akete
- Your armory profile link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/Akete/advanced
- Class: Priest
- Mainspec: Shadow
- Offspec: Discipline

- Describe your playstyle:
I rely most on self awareness, i dont "wait" for DBM or Raid Leader to yell move, switch, etc. But we all make mistakes sometimes and addons and good raid leading certainly help minimize those. I like to learn from my mistakes and look at why it happend and how it should be dealt with next time. Im dedicated to the game expecially to the raiding scene and other PvE's. Im usually very quiet in raids and just focused on doing my role as best as possible.

- How long has this character been your Main Character?: Since end of TBC...
- Up to change talents build according to raid needs?: yes

- Comments on armory profile (optional):
I gem for pure Int unless the socket bonus is worth it / not loosing int. Haste is still best secondary stat and in current gear crit is little better than mastery...mastery seems to get closer to crit (even haste) with higher gear lvls (int). I like to stay hit capped...even though there are many adds in firelands there are alot of very importand burn/burst phases on the bosses. Shadow priest also requires to make most of procs to maximize dots and missing a potential big dot isnt a good thing.
If Chimera feels I should enchant Lavawalker on boots then thats np..I've just never felt in my time that I needed the run speed. But in hc progress I would reconsider it myself.
Also it's prolly soon that 65mastery might replace 50haste on gloves.

- Please list Alts of significance with Armory link:
I have all classes (except DK) on 80+ (most 85). I'm currently only active with two of them. My Hunter and Shaman..both fairly recently dinged 85 and im just in the process of gearing them up.
Hunter: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/Faraim/advanced
Shaman: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/Dregina/advanced (terrible innit)

- If available, a link to a WWS/WMO or WOL report is surely appreciated:
Guild keeps almost all logs privite and i've asked for logs but I cant provide any that are not already public.
Here are most recent i can find.
Shannox: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/bqb5wgjs6lr6w0nq/sum/damageDone/?s=7927&e=8432
Ryolith: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/mvad7yzqbk5ha6is/sum/damageDone/?s=101&e=481

- Post a screenshot of your UI.
http://imageshack.us/f/694/inraids.jpg/

Experience in raid instances (specify if on another char and the name)
25 Man Raiding
Cataclysm - 1/13hc...erm no prolly havent done Alakir on normal 25man.
ICC - Cleared (normal)
TotGC - 3/5 (cleared normal)
Ulduar - cleared (most hardmodes done, but at the time ToC was out)
Pre-WotLK - as resto druid (Istus, outland) in vanilla: MC, ZG, ZA, + odd boss here and there.
TBC: warlock (Nyahbinghi, outland)&warr (sleggjan, bronzebeard) tank: Kara, SSC (vashj didnt die), Gruul, Hyjal (first 2-3 i think), +couple in BT/TK..mostly on the Warlock

10 Man Raiding
Cataclysm - 12/12
ICC - 11/12 hc (glory icecrown raider)
TotGC - never did it 10man.
Ulduar - Glory ulduar raider (icc was out).

Playtime - Can you attend raids at least 4 days/week, in particular from 8:45PM to midnight/1AM (Server time)?
yes
- Where you play (home, internet point, other):
always at home...High speed internet and uptodate PC. Can play 25man raids on ultra setting. Latency usually 50-150ms...

General
- Guild history and why you left them:
In beginning of Cataclysm my old guild (all icelandic guild) Cold as Ice split up from a 25man guild into a 10man guild Council of Valhalla.

Council aimed to progress into hc content. After quickly clearing 11/12 normal modes many (understatement) members quit and few xrealmd for many reasons. I was basically only one left still playing on Bronzebeard.
Soon thereafter I joined Scholars of Light. But it lasted only 10 days i think. I was still bit down with the game after The Council broke up, so I just wanted more time off it. I guess Scholars only wanted active members at the time and understandably i got kicked.
After brake I joined my old guild from mid wrath (ToC, Ulduar times) Shadows of Darkness. And this is my current guild. main reason i want to leave is to play in guild that start raiding little later...
...I have alot of respect for Shadows of Darkness and I would not be leaving if they raided an hour later (even 30mins). But frustations mount up in the long run when constantly trying to make raids after work while having no time do the little RL things we need. Like eat&shower before raid perhaps...

- Why do you want to join Chimera?
...I've searched alot for suitible Guild, with Raid times i can attend close to 100% and at the same time share my passion for progress and has history that I want to be a part of. And raids 25man..I was surprised to see how few 25man guilds there are compared to wotlk times. Chimera is one of the very few guilds i found to have suitible raid times, 25man and dedication to progress.
I was looking to transfer away from the server for many reasons but I guess i have to rethink that over if I get a Trial.

- What do you see as the most important things you bring to a raid?
Consistency, determination and skillz

- Any member in Chimera that can vouch for you?
Not that I know of.

- The raid leader is drunk and not making too much sense. What do you do?
I do my best, as always!

- Describe yourself and why we should pick you:
110% Raider! Good & dedicated player. And my philosophy is that no one is bigger than the Team. Im a Team player.

- Other information that you may want to share with us (work, family):
My job has long work hours and its the main reason cannot raid on my current guild timers as much as I would like to.
Im single but not looking for ingame romance :p

- You have read and accepted the recruitment requirements.
já!

-closing comments
I heard you only have low priority for a Priest. I dont know exactly what that means exactly but if it means i'm a filler and a bench warmer then consider my application withdrawn. Im not going to replace my "raid times" frustrations with greater frustrations of sitting out and watch from distance. Im really looking for a new home to settle in long term and be important part of that Guild.
That said I do realise it takes time for a Trial to get his chance and make effort to climb the ranks.
I would be leaving an awesum Guild that I love and have infact raided with the longest overall in my wow career.
Just wanted to share this and show how importand it is.
Trhon
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Hi Akete, thanks for your application, officers will let you know the answer as soon as possible.
Bunnys
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Although Akete was only in SoL for a very short time before we stopped raiding he stood out as a very competant raider who was capable of topping recount on several fights, gets my vote 100%

"I have to give props to Blizzard, as this is definitely the most clever "Content Accessibility Model" thus far. Legendary Meta gems. If you've made the effort, completed the chain, and obtained your meta, you're 10% more effective in raids! (or more in some cases)"

"...This just in: gear makes content easier! More news at eight."
Thyul
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:50 pm Reply with quote
100% is this becouse hes fat overgrown noam?
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Thyul wrote:
100% is this becouse hes fat overgrown noam?

noam? Im a Dorf! Cool
Aketeapp
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:40 pm Reply with quote
ohh fat overgrown noam..i get it now Sad

i seem to have neglected mentioning firelands raiding progress.

I'm 5/7 into firelands with decent experience on Domo...I've studied ragna offc Smile.

Thanks Bunnys for the compliment. I remeber you from my time in SoL and b4 when i was applying. Smile
Shadowloco
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:42 am Reply with quote
Emm, I was in Shadows of Darkness with Akete for a good 3 months on Laserguy, and I would certainly vouch that his damage stood out amongst them as well as being a competent raider, don't know if you remember me!
Heimfelt
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:38 am Reply with quote
Very nice app there Akete, I think chimera would do good to have an icelander back in the raiding scene again Smile

GL!

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Admin
aketeapp wrote:

-closing comments
I heard you only have low priority for a Priest. I dont know exactly what that means exactly but if it means i'm a filler and a bench warmer then consider my application withdrawn. Im not going to replace my "raid times" frustrations with greater frustrations of sitting out and watch from distance. Im really looking for a new home to settle in long term and be important part of that Guild.
That said I do realise it takes time for a Trial to get his chance and make effort to climb the ranks.
I would be leaving an awesum Guild that I love and have infact raided with the longest overall in my wow career.
Just wanted to share this and show how importand it is.

Nice app idd but I need to clarify the above before we offer a trial. We have a flexible raid team here and on occasion when a fight requires an extra healer or even 1 healer less we switch people around. This isnt to say it will be you(generally melee sit out), we like SP's here due to their dots/passive heals they provide, but are you saying that you are unwilling to sit out on a particular fight should the encounter warrant it?

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Hey akete, nice app,

1 very very very very very very very small detail.

Get mastery + speed enchant on boost plzzzz Razz

It will certainly help on Fireland encounters as you might have noticed yourself Cool

Art
aketeapp
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Nice app idd but I need to clarify the above before we offer a trial. We have a flexible raid team here and on occasion when a fight requires an extra healer or even 1 healer less we switch people around. This isnt to say it will be you(generally melee sit out), we like SP's here due to their dots/passive heals they provide, but are you saying that you are unwilling to sit out on a particular fight should the encounter warrant it?

Hi Dan

this comment may have been bit strong on my part. I wouldnt be against sitting out particular fights should the encounter warrant it.
Like I said in the app everthing for the team.
I wanted mainly to point out im leaving a guild that i've been a regular raider with and I want to do that aswell with Chimera or next Guild I raid with.

-Akete
Danray
Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:36 am Reply with quote
Admin
Accepted for trial. Contact an officer for an invite.