< Index  World of Warcraft - Recruitment  ~  restoDruid - Ubiquity

Ubi
Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:53 am Reply with quote
About you
- IRL Name: Alex
- How long have you been playing WOW?: almost 3 years

About your character
- In game name: Ubiquity
- Your armory profile link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/Ubiquity/advanced
- Class: Druid
- Mainspec: Restoration
- Offspec: Feral Combat (more Tank then DPS because of talents and ~gear/enchants/gems)
- Describe your playstyle: I'm veary aware of what's happening around me, I usually see other's mistakes and learn from them, I adapt veary quick at new challanging things, I'm aware of my mana pool, what spell to use when needed, I don't forget to use my trinket and other abilities to regain mana in order to do my duty and to be always prepared for the worst moment
- How long has this character been your Main Character?: 46 days 8 hours
- Current Realm (if different from Bronzebeard):
- Up to change talents build according to raid needs?: yes, talents/glyphs, np, btw I can adopt the 31 resto - 10 balance talent points (or any other sugestion), but I'm currently testing 36 resto - 2 balance - 3 feral talent points.
- Comments on armory profile (optional): I can equip 359 healing chest but I prefer to equip it only when I have the 3rd piece of armor from set, because this chest is far from best in slot, I can change the chest with 378 one for healing (from VP) on July 27, also +20 to all stats on chest is not a problem, my currently equiped one is not worth it Smile
- Please list Alts of significance with Armory link: except the rogue lvl 82, I have ~all 9 classes lvl 85 on this realm (well, 8 because the lvl 85 priest I recently move it to another realm), all 8 in the same guild:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/superox/advanced
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Bronzebeard/Amnezie/advanced
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Arathor/Amnezie/advanced
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Bronzebeard/cartofprajit/advanced
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Bronzebeard/Dontwarry/advanced
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Bronzebeard/fx/advanced
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Bronzebeard/nx/advanced
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Ahn'Qiraj/Vx/advanced
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Bronzebeard/haisalut/advanced
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Bronzebeard/diplodo/advanced

- If available, a link to a WWS/WMO or WOL report is surely appreciated: unfortunately I don't have one yet Neutral
- Post a screenshot of your UI. I forgot to include one with ForteXorcist addon started Wink
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/wowscrnshot071711030216.jpg/

Experience in raid instances (specify if on another char and the name)

25 Man Raiding
Cataclysm -
ICC -
TotGC - 1/5 (Superox on healing)
Ulduar -
Pre-WotLK - not at lvl 70 or 60

10 Man Raiding
Cataclysm - BH 2/2; BwD 6/6; BoT 2/4 (BoT with other alts, Superox and ), Avengers of Hyjal - Honored 11274/12000
ICC - 5/12 (not with this, with Superox, healing)
TotGC - 5/5
Ulduar - 5/14
Pre-WotLK - not at lvl 70 or 60

Playtime
- Can you attend raids at least 4 days/week, in particular from 8:45PM to midnight/1AM (Server time)? yes
- Where you play (home, internet point, other): home

General
- Guild history and why you left them: my current guild "The Three Hundred" is not making cata raids, few of them with good gear are usually prefer to do something else or with someone else then the guild :/

- Why do you want to join Chimera? Because I want to bring my knowlidge to some guild that can use my skills at the real potential, and your guild is exactly what I'm looking for

- What do you see as the most important things you bring to a raid? quality of service, awareness, patience, sacrifice

- Any member in Chimera that can vouch for you? Vahlia, it's a friend of mine, we work together at the same company

- The raid leader is drunk and not making too much sense. What do you do? First I will follow my instincts buecause I know what to do aniway (unles it's something new for me), then I'll try to talk with the officers, if they will not answer... well... it depends, I first must know the RL before I'll take a decision Wink

- Describe yourself and why we should pick you: I'm aware of what's going on around me, healing spec has given me some advantages to see more clearely the environment and to take a peek of other ppl's mistakes. Most of the time was dedicated to learn about other spec then DPS, some ppl (a big percentage from my point of view) don't bother with tank or healing spec. I have this druid which I'm proud of my actual performance, a paladin healer & tank and the list can continue but will be boring for you. I put passion in what I do, I really want to help ppl, but in order to do that I have to keep up with them (gear and some knowledge for new bosses). I have some assistant skills, thx to my knowledge (see above the list of my 9 alts of lvl 85) and some addons Wink. I'm not a slacker, I can help the guild with mats for flasks/potions, fish for food, I use food and flasks every time I'm in a RAID, out of the raid program I love to do random hc instances with guild mates and their alts and other activities. I'm sure you will find that I don't have much experience in 25 man raiding... but it doesn't mean I cannot attend to that and in order to get some of your trust (or not) in trial period I will give you 500 gold per run if I do a mistake (every mistake has a price), make an exception and give me the chance to prove myself, I don't want to waste your time and other guild mates time. Thank you for reading this.

- Other information that you may want to share with us (work, family): I work in IT, I'm noy married

- You have read and accepted the recruitment requirements. yes
Darkwolfdude
Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:16 am Reply with quote
Just a few suggestions after taking a quick look...

I believe you can get a better necklace by doing the opening quests of the new hyjal dailies

Boots enchant... Get Mastery + Run speed!

I'm not a healing pro but, Nature's Grace looks a lot better than Living Seed spec-wise. (I think Uwatha might comment more on it).

I find it weird that your healing buttons are all F keys (the big chunky ones at the top) whereas your DPS/MISC keys are your main buttons. If it works for you then great stuff, there's no real right or wrong, as long as you can play as good as someone else with more traditional key bindings.

Your raid bars are at the side of the screen which I find a little weird. It'd be better if they were more central to your UI so that you can notice if things are coming at you with your peripheral vision, whilst healing. (Or at least I find this a little helpful, when on my alt).

As you said, you don't have any Firelands experience which is Sad

On the plus side, you do have a crazy person (vahlia) backing you up!

Good luck Smile

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:40 am Reply with quote
Darkwolfdude wrote:
Just a few suggestions after taking a quick look...

I believe you can get a better necklace by doing the opening quests of the new hyjal dailies

Boots enchant... Get Mastery + Run speed!

I'm not a healing pro but, Nature's Grace looks a lot better than Living Seed spec-wise. (I think Uwatha might comment more on it).

I find it weird that your healing buttons are all F keys (the big chunky ones at the top) whereas your DPS/MISC keys are your main buttons. If it works for you then great stuff, there's no real right or wrong, as long as you can play as good as someone else with more traditional key bindings.

Your raid bars are at the side of the screen which I find a little weird. It'd be better if they were more central to your UI so that you can notice if things are coming at you with your peripheral vision, whilst healing. (Or at least I find this a little helpful, when on my alt).

As you said, you don't have any Firelands experience which is Sad

On the plus side, you do have a crazy person (vahlia) backing you up!

Good luck Smile

first, thank you for your suggestions
- about the necklace, fixed with [Nightweaver's Amulet], I don't know how I miss it, maybe because I was in dps spec
- about the boots enchant, I have prepared a scroll with that Smile
- about the talents, as I comment it on the application... it's just a test to see how it is with big mana pool (versus -9% healing spells cost; +15% spell haste when I use [Regrowth] that can proc every ~45 sec; +6% more healing from HoTs and [Swiftmend] -other talents from resto tree)
- about the healing keys, I will switch them to the main keys (from 1 - 4 + q), very rare situations happen when healbot crashed
- about the raid bars, that's my healbot Smile but I will move that below my char (bottom-center) and I'll change layout if needed for 25 man raid
- about the Firelands xp, I've seen a lot of movies about them (I know, is not comparing with the real thing), I'm talking ~every day with my friends from others realms about the new bosses, and I can rise the prices if needed for mistakes Very Happy
vahlia
Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:05 am Reply with quote
I dont care about tactics or trinckets ... he s a dedicated player ... that myself personally i did conviced to join the game... since then ... i lost interest in my minion progress because he got better and better and with too many alts.

I vote for him

PS: aplication is to long for me to bother to read it all.

PS: DAN let him trial so i can take my bribe.
Artemis
Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:21 am Reply with quote
Hey Ubiquity, thanks for your application, the officers will let you know their answer soon.
Uwatha
Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:53 pm Reply with quote
you wrote your testing this spec. What is the nain point of it actualy cant see it at all.

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Uwatha wrote:
you wrote your testing this spec. What is the nain point of it actualy cant see it at all.

Sorry, I didn't understand the question "What is the nain point of it", but now I've change the talents and 2 glyphs with the raid requirements.
Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:53 pm Reply with quote
nain was main ofc. Now spec looks pretty standart.
WEll i cant say aything special about gear you just utilize stats you got. How about your playstyle? What do you prefere in general? burst healing and nourish spam for mp5 or hots 100% time or maybe some other stuff? Looking to your gear i can say that you went for spirit and haste softcap, wouldnt it be better to get some mastery with haste cap?

However everything looks normal nothing to worry about except some blues.
Uwatha
Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:06 am Reply with quote
Anonymous wrote:
WEll i cant say aything special about gear you just utilize stats you got. How about your playstyle? What do you prefere in general? burst healing and nourish spam for mp5 or hots 100% time or maybe some other stuff? Looking to your gear i can say that you went for spirit and haste softcap, wouldnt it be better to get some mastery with haste cap?

was me asking)

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:58 am Reply with quote
Uwatha wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

was me asking)

Shocked Shocked LOST in TRANSLATION
Ubi
Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Hi,
About my gear, I have the 353 head [Amani Headdress] from Zul'Aman, but comparing with the equiped one it's not so best in slot because: +21 int; -162 haste; +185 mastery. Now because of new socket bonus +30 crit instead of +30 int I will lose 9 int and at the end... because of the socket color have changed from yellow (20 int + 20 haste) to red (40 int) intellect will be +11, the haste is the problem, even with reforge (74 mastery -> 74 haste) will drop from 13.28% to 12.44%, that -haste means: +0.01s to Nourish and HT cast time, +0.02s to Rejuvenations ticks and +0.01s to Tranq ticks. I've equiped, gemed, enchanted and reforged to see for yourself the result Wink
I've made a mistake and I took the 378 wrist with VP instead of gold (well, I didn't had much hold but... anyway), now I have to wait until the next server reset (5 days) to make 2200+ VP and buy the 378 healing chest. That means no more blue items on me Smile
You may wonder why do I have so much spirit +255, as you can see... only Waist is reforged from 83 crit to 83 spirit, hands have +10 spirit from socket bonus, my old chest have the old enchant with +40 spirit and also +20 spirit from socket bonus.
Now about my playstile, ...first because of my guild sitation I had to pug alot and this days there are rare situations when someone ask to come for inspection, you just /w the ilvl and in 1-2 sec. you are invited, I don't want to be rude but most of the time I had to compensate other healers slacking gameplay and sometimes the tanks (maybe because of the equipment, no gems, missing some enchants, pvp items equiped, etc.) and I tend to use more mana, that's why I've let the spirit there ^^^.

Playing style for tank healing
I'm starting by casting or mentaining 3 stacks of Lifebloom on MT (I'm avoiding to cast it when the tank just enter in combat... because I get agro Smile, if Omen of Clarity procs (4% chance from Lifebloom) I will cast Regrowth on MT to refresh the Lifebloom duration, to have more hots on him and to be ready to cast Swiftmend when needed (because of the OT near MT and some dps there so I heal them also), Regrowth will also give me the 15% haste for 15 sec. which gives me the oportunity to use Nourish more efficient.
If the Omen of Clarity will not proc, I will use Nourish on MT followed by a Rejuvenation and Swiftmend (if health starts droping), in any situation I will use Wild Growth when 2 or more targets starting to loose health (I know he can heal up to 5-6 of most injured ppl), then there is less then 1 sec. window when Wild Growth will not heal and then I can cast it again (if needed), I usually mentain few sec. between Wild Growth and Swiftmend, so I can always be prepared in few sec. to cast one of this if needed (well... I know that Swiftmend has 15 sec. CD but he will HoT for ~7 sec.).
Tranquility will be used in heavy load situations but not when I cannot predict a veary quick drop of health of the party (depends by situation, someone makes a mistake, etc.), it's a good aoe heal but it's a bit slow, I will use it but if I know that other healers will back-up me, I can also shapeshift to Tree of Life (so I can heal more, +15%) and cast it but I don't like that I loose one GCD for shapeshift Smile
I don't use much Healing Touch (5254 mana), he can proc. ~23% or more (depends by the raid party), but Regrowth (6130 mana) has ~23+60% chance to proc. and I have HoT window for more then 5 sec. so I can use Swiftmend if is not in CD, the problem is not the efficiency of healing but the cast time (for the moment).
Regarding Lifebloom, depends by the situation... I can let Lifebloom to Bloom, but because of Empowered Touch talent... I cannot let the man almost die and cast only Rejuvenation + Swiftmend (it also depends by what other healers do), so I usually don't let it bloom, when OT will switch the MT I can let it bloom (also depends how many seconds have left until bloom). I usually reset the time with Nourish (when have ~3 sec. left) or re-cast Lifebloom if I don't have much time because has the low mana consumption 1225 mana.

Playing style for group, long live the Wild Growth and his creator Razz
Starting with Lifebloom on MT or other injured person, Rejuvenation + Swiftmend if there are more ppl near (this is the most quick healing combination after the Regrowth, it's only about GCD), Nourish in ~idle time (if I can say that Razz) Rejuvenation (and if it's on 3 targets or more, the cast time of Nourish will be 30% faster).

Herbalism is given me the Lifeblood which increase haste rating and the good thing is that will not affect GCD when casted, I have a macro with Barkskin + Nature's Grasp + Lifeblood (in one spec can be casted by only one push of the button, in other spec needs 2 Razz), depending by the case (if the adds needs to be kited and not rooted when they get out of control and hit me) I will use macro only with Barkskin + Lifeblood.
Regarding trinkets and Innervate, depending by the fight (if it's long), usually after 30-45 sec. I use trinket or Innervate first (because he has a 3 min. CD vs. 2 min. CD on trinket). I don't make the mistake to cast Innervate on someone else by mistake, I use Alt+key to cast it on myself and the specific key when needed on the other healer.
I have a key for Stampeding Roar in Cat form (but will take some time to cast it because of the slow energy regeneration when shapeshift to cat), it's there for just in case Wink, Cat Form + Dash + glyph and racial Shadowmeld for agro problem.
At this healing class I don't like that I cannot control the overhealing so much, but anyway the most important thing is the group to kill the boss Smile
My play syle is... "think for the worst, hope for the best" Smile

ty for reading this long post Razz
vahlia
Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Ubi wrote:
Hi,
and by
ty for reading this long post Razz

WTF who is reading this
Danray
Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:36 am Reply with quote
Admin
Hey there. Apologies for the slow delay on replying, weve had a lengthy discussion over several app's these past few days. At this point were looking for a healer with lengthy hardmode healing experience, due to this we'll be not offering a trial. Goodluck in your search for a new Guild.