Chimera Forum Index

< Index  World of Warcraft - Recruitment  ~  Relínquish - MM Hunter

Relínquish
Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:25 pm Reply with quote
About you
- IRL Name: Calum Rutherford
- How long have you been playing WOW?: Over 6 years, roughly around a month since the release of Vanilla. Smile

About your character
- In game name: Relínquish
- Your armory profile link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/Rel%C3%ADnquish/advanced
- Class: Hunter
- Mainspec: MM
- Offspec: Also MM, specific build for soloing FL trash.
- Describe your playstyle: Well, I'm a dedicated raider, pretty much become an achievement grinder lately, PvP in spare time on my Hunter, always keeping VP capped on my alts.
- How long has this character been your Main Character?: It's been on and off my main since WOTLK really, skipped between this and my DK, however the majority of the time it's always been my Main.
- Current Realm (if different from Bronzebeard): N/A
- Up to change talents build according to raid needs?: Yeah not a problem at all.
- Comments on armory profile (optional): Using PvP wrists purely because I'm waiting for the FL trash bracer drop and they're the better than what I had previously.
- Please list Alts of significance with Armory link:
85 DK Tank: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/Crypt%C3%ADc/advanced
85 Resto Druid: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/Paranormal/advanced
- If available, a link to a WWS/WMO or WOL report is surely appreciated: Not raided for the past 3 weeks, and gear has changed/dps increased but this will have to do: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/705a29d4eldljv1s/details/17/
- Post a screenshot of your UI.
Omen appear along the bottom right of my spell bars.
Experience in raid instances (specify if on another char and the name)[/b]

25 Man Raiding
Cataclysm - BH 1/1, BwD 6/6 (4/6 HC), BoT 4/4, TOTFW 2/2
ICC - 12/12 (11/12 HC).
TotGC - iirc 3/5.
Ulduar - 11/14 (On previous main, Genetica)
Pre-WotLK - Kara/MC (during Vanilla it was just about playing with Friends, leveling random characters and having a laugh, started raiding in BC, got serious just before Wrath was released)

10 Man Raiding
Cataclysm - BH 1/1, BwD 6/6 (4/6 HC), BoT 4/4, TOTFW 2/2
ICC - 9/12 (4/12 HC).
TotGC - 0/5
Ulduar - 11/14 (Same again on Genetica)
Pre-WotLK - Same as above.

Playtime
- Can you attend raids at least 4 days/week, in particular from 8:45PM to midnight/1AM (Server time)? Can raid practically every single day of the week if theres anything going so thats no problem for me Smile
- Where you play (home, internet point, other): Home.

General
- Guild history and why you left them: During my time in Vanilla and BC I was in a guild called White Rose, spent a lot of time with them, made some really good friends. Then I switched servers to join some irl friends in a guild called SunGaming where I got my Ulduar progression (we weren't brilliant but it was fun for us all to work as a team as well as be class mates). After that, we all kind of drifted apart sadly, so I moved over to BB from Outland and joined my neighbour in Parthenon Knights, the raiding wasn't great so we eventually joined Greater Silence, after a while in there we were both recruited by Divined which went well. Had some good times in Divined, but after the progress pretty much came to a stand still and nothing was happening, my thirst for a harder challenge took the better of me and I had a brief stint in Echo where I got my WOTLK progress. However not long after joining my exams in college started arriving so my attendance dropped quite drastically and I was eventually replaced, which was a pretty sad day to be honest. Once my exams passed I got back into raiding in Gladius Mortis, however that was short lived as the guild not long after I joined pretty much fell apart so I moved over to Scholars of Light. Following a pretty similar pattern to many top guilds of late on BB, SoL began to break down and we lost a lot of players, resulting in us becoming another 10man guild, where the team was already set. So I lost my raiding spot, and now here I am today, hoping for a place amongst the players of Chimera.

- Why do you want to join Chimera? I want to be part of a solid raiding team which all know how to enjoy themselves but also how to get good success from their raids. Also a guild that is stable and has a well known reputation across the server, which Chimera certainly does. It would be an honour to be a part of such a prestigious guild.

- What do you see as the most important things you bring to a raid? A positive attitude, a confident raider that can prove his ability, can move from fire and always keep a high level of dps up.

- Any member in Chimera that can vouch for you? Miloscub, played with him and have learnt a lot from him in my time in Gladius Mortis and stayed friends since he left. Also Ebonbladeje (he was the GL in Parthenon Knights when I was there, he also "took me under his wing" so to speak). That is if Ebon still plays, not spoke to him for a while.

- The raid leader is drunk and not making too much sense. What do you do? Enjoy the drunken banter that the leader is saying, or suggest for someone else to take charge of the raid and just wait patiently.

- Describe yourself and why we should pick you: I'm a dedicated gamer, I've got a lot of experience throughout my time on WoW. I'm always a positive person with a good attitude towards everyone in guild and other players. I'm always prepared with flasks and pots (make them all on my alt). I'm a friendly, charismatic person who is headstrong and I have an eye for success. I'm always on top of my class info, always looking for new ways to improve my character, whether that be regemming, reforging, rotation, I will try anything once to see if it hinders or improves my character. As mentioned above, I would be honoured to be accepted into your ranks and if that comes to be I will not fail to impress.

- Other information that you may want to share with us (work, family): I was recently in University of Abertay, Dundee, studying Games Design and Production Management, however the change of scenery and the weather in Scotland (damn place is freezing! DSmile and the general being away from home was too much of a stress for me and I wasn't coping very well up there. That and also the course was not what I thought it would be. So now I am back home in Liverpool, looking for part time work and have re-applied for Uni in September. I'm always online on WoW and I've always got something to do. Smile If there is any questions at all, do not hesitate to ask me!

- You have read and accepted the recruitment requirements. I have indeed Smile
[/b]
androzog.
Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Good luck my friend Smile If you remember me ^^
Artemis
Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Hey Relinquish, thanks for your application. It looks really good, officers will get back to you soon.
Heimfelt
Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Hey Relinquish, nice application, specc & glyphs look fine, but you are missing 3 JC gems wich need to be sorted, also you've put an orange gem in a socket that gives mastery wich isnt really needed, basically only 20+ agi socket bonuses are worth gemming for, (20 agi 20 hit for a socket with 10 agi bonus is ok if it ties over with the optimisation of your gear well but other than that pure agi wins.) And I would get 20 agi instead of 50 haste on gloves.
You need to get exalted with ramkahen for the proper head enchant aswell as you need to get assassin's step on your boots, movement speed increase is a requirement in this guild unless you have talents to provide it. Smile

What's your shot rotation like during the first few seconds of the pull, during the careful aim phase and below the 90% health mark?
Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Hey Heim.
Already changed my boot enchant to assassin's step Smile So got that sorted. Changing the orange gem as I type now and the hand enchant has just this second been changed. Thanks for the tweaks. Smile

Yeah I've been majorly slacking with my JC'ing, I've got no excuse to be fair. I'll have them 3 JC gems just after 3am when the daily resets however.

Shot rotation:
MD > RF > serpent > chim > steady x2 > aimed > steady x2 > aimed > chim >readiness. Repeat. (Obviously when master marksman procs another aimed will be fired).

Mainly during fights though I just nuke by feeling, I wouldnt say I have like, a solid rotation that I just constantly spam. Obviously my start up rotation is as mentioned above but after that I judge my rotation by the type of fight, whether there will be lots of movement, or crucial movement at a certain time with a lot of stationary time.
So for example, on Magmaw, when I know Pillar of Flame is about to be cast, I won't cast something like Aimed Shot which will take longer than Steady Shot, I'll only cast that if it's procced. I try to time everything to give me maximum dps without interrupting cast-time.
Heimfelt
Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Good stuff.

Your opening shots should be:

MD & Prepot just before pull > Cooldowns (RF & Cotw) > Chim > Readiness > Chim > Steady Shot x2 > Spam Aimed & Steady Shot until boss is below 90% mark, then your standard rotation. (using second RF after the first one runs out ofc)

The chim - readiness - chim is by far the best possible opener in any fight Smile
Gives tank shitloads of threat in a matter of seconds aswell as gives you some serious dmg going.

Just skip using Serpent Sting alltogether until after 90% health mark.

GL on your app.
Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, totally forgot to add Prepot to rotation line.

But alright cool, thank you very much for the tip Heim. I'll bare that in mind and try next time I get a chance to! Much appreciated.

Thanks bud. Smile
Miloscub
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:15 am Reply with quote
Joined: 13 May 2011 Posts: 638 Location: Belgrade,Serbia,Ancient Terra
GL with app bud! (I slacked long enough on replying!)
And I see Dr.Heim took care of your rotation,cool cool,hes been sitting on EJ for hours Exclamation

Danray
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Admin
Accepted for trial. Whisper an officer for an invite.