Chimera Forum Index

< Index  World of Warcraft - Recruitment  ~  Arms Warrior Application

Irishdwarf
Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:47 pm Reply with quote
- IRL Name: Martin
- How long have you been playing WOW?: Since the start of Wotlk

About your character
- In game name: Irishdwarf
- Your armory profile link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/blades-edge/Irishdwarf/simple
- Class: Warrior
- Mainspec: Arms
- Offspec: Protection
- Describe your playstyle: High burst, high aoe, high mobility juggernaut
- How long has this character been your Main Character?: Since I started playing so over 2 and a half years
- Current Realm (if different from Bronzebeard): Blades Edge
- Up to change talents build according to raid needs?: Yes
- Comments on armory profile (optional): I need to get run speed enchant on my boots, but waiting for a pair of epic boots which don't have haste before doing that
- Please list Alts of significance with Armory link: No alts
- If available, a link to a WWS/WMO or WOL report is surely appreciated: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/22exic9kmv9p8vsm/ this is from FL pug, the only thing current I can find
- Post a screenshot of your UI: http://imageshack.us/f/189/wowscrnshot070511140409.jpg/

Experience in raid instances (specify if on another char and the name)

25 Man Raiding
Cataclysm - 10/12 normal 2/12 hc
ICC - All except LK hc
TotGC - All except anub hc
Ulduar - NA
Pre-WotLK - NA

10 Man Raiding
Cataclysm - 1/7 normal FL
ICC - Full clear
TotGC - Full clear
Ulduar - NA
Pre-WotLK - NA

Playtime
- Can you attend raids at least 4 days/week, in particular from 8:45PM to midnight/1AM (Server time)? Yes
- Where you play (home, internet point, other): At home only

General
- Guild history and why you left them: I started raiding at the start of TotC when I joined my first raiding guild on my current server, who went by the name Endeavor. Around half way through TotC, we merged with another 10 man guild on the server to from Flare who I had been with since then. I took a couple of months break after Cata came out and shortly after returning they decided to go 10 man, which had no room for melee.

- Why do you want to join Chimera? I prefer to raid 25 man, the day and raid times suit me, the non-hardcore/non-casual progression suits me and the server looks to be fairly active as well which is a big plus. Raiding seems to have died mostly on my current realm so looking for a fresh start. Your guild is a good fit for me and I would hope that I could also be a good fit for your guild.

- What do you see as the most important things you bring to a raid? Situational awareness and movement are the 2 most important thinngs, There is no point in pushing out 40k dps in the first min and being dead for the remainder. Damage done and damage taken are much better yardsticks. Apart from that I am fairly quick at picking up the mechanics of a new fight and of course listening to and following raid leaders instructions is very important.

- Any member in Chimera that can vouch for you? Unfortunately no as I am not on your realm.

- The raid leader is drunk and not making too much sense. What do you do?
I can still perform without the raid leader holding my hand, although this might encourage me to grab a beer also! If its ruining the raid then I would expect the guild master/officers to step in

- Describe yourself and why we should pick you: Firendly, helpful individual who knows all specs of his class inside/out, also I'm a dwarf so you should automatically pick me

- Other information that you may want to share with us (work, family): I work in IT on shift work which is why the later than usual raid start time is perfect for me

- You have read and accepted the recruitment requirements. Yes
Bunnys
Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Nice app, best of luck!

"I have to give props to Blizzard, as this is definitely the most clever "Content Accessibility Model" thus far. Legendary Meta gems. If you've made the effort, completed the chain, and obtained your meta, you're 10% more effective in raids! (or more in some cases)"

"...This just in: gear makes content easier! More news at eight."
Decebal
Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Omg, arms warrior, still exist?! Smile
GL with aplication
Danray
Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Admin
Irishdwarf wrote:

- The raid leader is drunk and not making too much sense. What do you do?
I can still perform without the raid leader holding my hand, although this might encourage me to grab a beer also!

I like this! App is under discussion, will have an answer for you by end of our raid / tomorrow day

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:25 am Reply with quote
Is it possible to log out with your PVE gear? Armory is updated with your pvp gear.

Thanks,
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:43 am Reply with quote
Should be back in PVE gear again now
Barmill
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
encourage me to grab a beer also

Dwarf + warrior + Irish ---> more beer

Gems/reforging and stats are correct for arms spec, gear is a bit low but should be OK if you are that eager for progress (from my PoV)
Keep in mind that it is mandatory to have field-dressing instead of blitz,
deadly calm at pull should be more than enough Smile

Do you have plans concerning your primary professions? It would be nice to have raiding prof instead of gathering.
GL

Last edited by Barmill on Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Keep in mind that it is mandatory to have field-dressing instead of blitz,
deadly calm at pull should be more than enough Smile

Thats correct, I would normally be field dressing specced but was doing rag attempts last night with old guild and was on stun duty so specced into it for this

Quote:
Do you have plans concerning your primary professions? I would be nice to have raiding prof instead of gathering.

Nice catch Embarassed I have been meaning to spec into JC for quite some time but just haven't found the time yet, I'll get cracking on it asap!
Danray
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Admin
Accepted for trial. Whisper an officer for an invite when you arrive on Bronzebeard.

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Anonymous wrote:
Nice catch Embarassed I have been meaning to spec into JC for quite some time but just haven't found the time yet, I'll get cracking on it asap!

Level engineering so u can pretend to be a gnome! (plus engi is probably the best PvE proff atm due to on-use str rather than passive str) Very Happy

"I have to give props to Blizzard, as this is definitely the most clever "Content Accessibility Model" thus far. Legendary Meta gems. If you've made the effort, completed the chain, and obtained your meta, you're 10% more effective in raids! (or more in some cases)"

"...This just in: gear makes content easier! More news at eight."
Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:36 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Accepted for trial. Whisper an officer for an invite when you arrive on Bronzebeard.

Great, I should be transferred around lunctime today.

Quote:
Level engineering so u can pretend to be a gnome! (plus engi is probably the best PvE proff atm due to on-use str rather than passive str) Very Happy

Already have almost all the mats purchased for JC, plus it will save me hella lot of cash when epic gems finally come!
Miloscub
Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 13 May 2011 Posts: 638 Location: Belgrade,Serbia,Ancient Terra
Woot woot moar Dwarves!